cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in North Texas

Highlighted
Journeyman

Outage in North Texas

I'm in Zip Code 75035, and haven't been able to get/make calls, texts or data since yesterday afternoon.  Is there an outage in this area?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Master

Hello and thank you for reporting this issue.  We do not have any official Network Outages for this zip code, however, I do see a tower just NE of your zip code on Virginia Parkway that has an elevated block rate which means it's over capacity.  Are you seeing signal on your phone and the call or text will not connect or send?  Or are you seeing "no service," or no bars?

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

I show signal, but calls and texts never complete.  I found another person reporting the same problem in another thread on the board.

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

Is it happening only at this location?  So when you leave this location, are you able to make/receive call/texts?

Tom

Highlighted
Master

I'm starting to see capacity issues on several towers in the area, however, we still do not have anything official for outages.  We need to get this reported.  If you have a landline, I recommend calling into Tech Support (888.211.4727) and report the issue.  Advise the reps to check your closest tower's performance for elevated block rates.  If you do not have a landline, you can private message me by clicking on my avatar.  I can create a network ticket on your behalf. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem at 75041...only on one phone though. Mine works fine but my husbands will not work at all between 10 am until 4am. Will work first thing in the morning in our house and then wont make or receive calls or texts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tom,

Sorry to bother on this holiday weekend. My wife has been getting tons of drop calls with zip code 76155. The address is 4601 Hwy 360 Fort Worth, Texas, 76155. The weird thing is that American Airlines HDQ and the Flight academy have Sprint boosters; I think that’s what you call them.  A coworker called Sprint this week I think it was on Monday and told him the drop calls are because the towers were being upgraded to LTE within that area. Today Saturday May 26, 2012 I tried calling the wife again the calls were being dropped instantly. It did the same yesterday and the day before. I had to call her on the landline. I do have the new Galaxy Nexus LTE and I turned on the LTE/CDMA and no LTE yet.

Thank you

NRHTX

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live just south of Virginia and the last 2 nights my phone has been a real pain.  I have no data or it goes into roam.  Text messages never send or they will get sent multiple times.  It seems to be ok at my work in Plano so McKinney must be having some issues.

Highlighted
Wizard

BLEV1984,

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your data and text messages. I did look at the McKinney TX area and I am not showing any outages at this time. Depending on where you are located south of Virginia,  I am showing some planned updates to voice and data and that may be the reason why you are having the issues you are experiencing. To be more specific, can you provide me with the cross streets in your area?

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm near Eldorado and Custer.  I've update the PRL and rebooted and it doesn't seem to resolve the issue until I get south of 121.  I received a text message this morning once I got south of 121 and the message had been sent last night.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BLEV1984 has it gotten any better? I'm still struggling with it. 75230 75 and royal

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Childress Texas...zipcode 79201...no texts, no calls...calls go straight to voicemail but don't show on my voicemail...since Friday night

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.