cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRL UPDATE 01115/60678

Highlighted
Journeyman

PRL UPDATE 01115/60678

Why are some people getting prl update 01115 and others getting 60678? what is the differance if a sprint person could shed some light on this.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Here is some information I found about the difference between PRL versions. I hope this is a little bit more helpful.

PL version numbers vary by device:

• Non EV-DO phone 10XXX or 50XXX
  • EV-DO phones 20XXX or 60XXX
  • EV-DO Mobile Broadband Cards 606XX or 607XX
  • Effective 12/1/2008, PRL versions were synced up, to end in XXX50 (series).
Highlighted
Journeyman

no that doesnt if you go here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044378&page=26

you will see people are doing updates all over country today on the evo phone alone and getting diff PRLS when before they where the same

Highlighted
Master

01XXX is not a regular Sprint PRL file, the regular Sprint PRL numbering schemes are the ones listed above by ratlitherland67.

The only times I've ever seen a PRL start with 01 is when a corrupt PRL file was downloaded, the phone then falls back to a built-in PRL from the manufacturer (which is usually blank). I will double check tomorrow when I get in to see if something seems to be happening on the network side with corrupt PRL files.

Highlighted
Journeyman

alright sounds good thanks! we all have been highly confused about this. lol

Highlighted
Master

After reading more about it on other threads across the net the last few minutes it doesn't look like a corrupted file. The file actually does parse out correctly and shows correct changes from previous versions... very interesting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah lol some people at xda think it may have to do with network vision and certain peoples acct's got selected cause it has been different for people who even live in the same area

Highlighted
Journeyman

CKOADIYN wrote:

yeah lol some people at xda think it may have to do with network vision and certain peoples acct's got selected cause it has been different for people who even live in the same area

Nope.  Look at my site and you'll see the comparison between 01115 and 60678.

The PRL analysis's are up on my site now of 60678.  I also added the comparisons to 01115, 60677, and due to the 60677 rollback, 60676.  Confused?  Just check the site www.batonrougebroadband.info

Highlighted
Master

Ok so looking into it, here are the changes in layman in the 60678/1115 update:

The 60678 PRL will remove 3G roaming coverage in FL, MI, OH, WV and WI for all Consumers. Business IL and CL customers however, will get PRL 1115 with continued 3G roaming service.

I don't know why, I don't have access to the information used to make this decision. I'm assuming the roaming agreements expired and the options were either remove roaming entirely for all customers in these areas, or limit the number of accounts that can roam there (making it be only business accounts that will roam on 3G in these areas).

If the account is setup as a Business Individual Liable or Business Corporate Liable account there will be EvDO roaming in these areas, if the Sprint account is a standard consumer account there will only be 1xRTT roaming. The Sprint.com coverage map will only show the 1xRTT coverage in these areas regardless. The Business accounts are receiving a custom PRL, not the standard national PRL all other devices receive.

Highlighted

@halcyoncmdr134 - thanks for this info. It is getting tougher to stay with Sprint (over 10 years and 4 lines). Although I don't live in WI, I do live in MN and with the changes in ND, MT, and now WI it is limiting the use of our phones when we travel (which is one of the reasons to have a cell phone in the first place!). So, Verizon may become our new cell phone carrier (will increase costs but the phones will work without roaming which includes the GPS applications).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Appreciate the info. I am in my 30 day initial window with Sprint "4g", but losing 3g roaming is definitely not cool and along with the flaky 4g coverage and watered down wimax speeds I have been seeing in South Florida, it's not looking good. I hope things improve before I have to decide.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since updating to 01115  I cant access 4G and cant download MMS messages. So I will have to shut down my hotspot and down grade to a phone that doesnt access 4G since I'm getting charged for both.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.