cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philadelphia,PA Tower is down and has been down for almost 10 day! Ticket#: 7851851

Patron

Philadelphia,PA Tower is down and has been down for almost 10 day! Ticket#: 7851851

A Tower in Philadelphia, PA in 19134 zipcode area has been down over 10 days.  I was told for sure that it would be fixed by 1050pm tonight.

Of course its not fixed... What is interesting, the tower must have a power problem or major problem and is not only effecting Sprint, but people with AT&T, T-Mobil, and most likely Verizon also.

So what gives???!!! I never hear of a tower not being fixed in a 24hr time. How does a major company like Sprint not have this fixed in 24hrs or at least in just a few days?

How do you leave thousands of people in the cold like this for 10 days?!  What kind of Mickey-mouse company has Sprint become to let this go on like this?

Its is no way to run a business. Unbeleivable.

I have an idea that the tower and site that is out of service is owned by Verizon, which happens a lot, and since they are on strike that Sprint can't get access to the site.

21 REPLIES 21
Master

Not every tower has the exact same equipment and parts have to be ordered.  The tower is not just an antenna.  It has the cables that can get moisture in them or a corroded connection, you can also have part of the switch(electronics) go bad and need replacement.  You get the parts for a $70,000 piece of equipment - you dont have extras laying around.

Here is the info on the ticket - I do apologize for the delay - shows NOT CLEARED -

Single Cellsite 7851851 At 2011/08/05 15:24:40 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Philadelphia Metro : Philadelphia Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) CST .emailed ft and mgr for updates 08/05/2011 10:24:00 CST 3 08/08/2011 03:35:00 CST 08/12/2011 14:52:08 CST PL03XC035 Philadelphia PA 19134

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I live in 19125 and I am on my 8th day of no mobile service. It has been the most frustrating and ridiculous situation I have ever expierenced with this company. Not only has the lack of service been a major downfall in my week, but I have spent more that a collective 10 hours on the phone with the rudest, unhelpful, and uninformed group of people ever. I think 7 hours of that was just me sitting on hold. I'm just happy to finally see another post about someone else having the same issue. I agree, the reaction of this company for an outage this long is absolutely apalling. After today, I'm shopping for a new provider. 6 years of loyalty down the drain unless Sprint gets their act together.

Highlighted
Patron

Well being a Billion dollar business, you should have the $70,000 worth of equipment laying around. You being a major company should have the parts that often fail ready to go that can effects thousands of customers. The equipment should be insuranced for such problems.

$70.000.. Want till all the customers that have had no service get credit for everyday they don't have it. The the time it is fixed, it will be near a month of service... Doing the math that's a months bill credited to say a thousand customers, your looking at a lot more then $70,000 and labor chargers. Not very good management.

Then add the customers lost because of this, $70,000 isnt much.

Patron

I hear ya. I have been with Sprint before they were Sprint (Nextel)...

Well another lie.. Was told this was gona be fixed by 8pm two days ago... Of course still not working....

UNBELIEVABLE...

Patron

By the way, when I was talking to Sprint today, I told them I thought some of the problem was the site was owned by Verizon, and that because they are on strike, that Sprint couldn't get access to repair it. He replied, "I am not allowed to comment on that".....

Patron

Another day... and still not fixed.. by the time it is, Sprint will have to credit everyone almost a months bill!

I just dont get it.

Patron

Well finally got the truth on whats going on. The tower site that was on a billboard near I-95 and Girard was taken down. They now have to build a whole new site and the date it is to be complete is the 28th I was told. Nice. That's almost a whole month bill credit for over a thousand people. A  large loss of money and loss of customers that could have been avoided if things were run right at Sprint.

Journeyman

I left Sprint 4 days ago for tmobile. Spending a little more a month but at least I can make phone calls again. I didnt appreciate being lied to constantly when telling us the truth would have at least saved face with them. Good luck dude.

Patron

Again and again lied to. Was told it would be fixed on the 24th, then told it was fixed on the 25th. Was told today they were looking into it and would call me back with a answer and no call back.... My GOD Sprint what has happened to you?!? I have been with you since you were in existence and never had so many problems and never lied to so many times.

Will this EVER be fixed or will I have to close my account tomorrow for good!

Patron

Here we are 37 days , and still no tower up!!!! What the hell is with you Sprint??? Unbeleivable.

JBONNER801,

My apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.  I did do some research on this ticket 7851851. Basically It appears that over the last month it started with repeated vandalism attaches on the cell site with extensive physical damage that caused the site to be down. It also looks like there was also a highway expansion project in the area of that tower that caused the tower  to be closed and decommissioned and reconstructed in another area.

Thanks,

-Ron 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.