cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philadelphia,PA Tower is down and has been down for almost 10 day! Ticket#: 7851851

Patron

Re: Philadelphia,PA Tower is down and has been down for almost 10 day! Ticket#: 7851851

Ron…

I just don’t get it. In fact a lot of people don’t get it. And then there are the 100’s that don’t care to get it, and closed their account with Sprint and went to another carrier.

Any NORMAL company as large as Sprint, as a matter of fact, even a small company with “normal” common business sense would have never ever let this happen.

Because of the lack of normal common sense, this will cost the company Sprint, 100’s of thousands of dollars, more or less, including all the many customers, including many that have been with Sprint for many years, to close their account.

As soon as Sprint was notified by the site owner that the site that this tower was on was going to go under demolition and the tower would be taken down, any NORMAL business would have immediately went to work on finding a new site and build a new system, or put up a temporary system till the new one is being built, so that when the demolition did start, they would have it up and ready so they could switch it on so there wouldn’t be any interruption of their customer’s service.

The person or persons those were responsible for this to happen and cause the loss of all the company’s money and all your customers should be fired on the spot.

There is no excuse for this to ever happen.

Now going on the 38th day, with no service, and no new tower operating.

No answer to when the site will ever be up and running and we will again have service.

Nothing. 

The only answer you ever get is, “it’s being worked on”, is truly appalling.

Jim

Patron

Philadelphia,PA Tower is down and has been down for almost 10 day! Ticket#: 7851851

Now the 40th day... Still no Tower on!

Patron

Re: Philadelphia,PA Tower is down and has been down for almost 10 day! Ticket#: 7851851

Oh yea, was lied to AGAIN. Was told from a third "Supervisor" that I will receive a call everyday on the process of the tower two days ago. AGAIN, never received a call.

Just gets better and better.

Highlighted
Patron

43rd day... STILL no tower, no service and no call back.

Again, talked to two more "Supervisors" in the last three days, and never a phone call back. Never a answer to when the tower would be up.

Master

This tower is being relocated - There is not any power to original tower location due to the highway project.  I had to do quite a bit or research to find this - in our system this ticket is confusing.

The old site/tower was 2857 Richmond Street,Philadelphia,PA,19134  and the new one is near 2900 block of Salmon off monmouth on the other side of the freeway.  Depending on where you are you may have less service than before.  How far are you from the new tower versus the old tower?

**SITE HAS BEEN RELOCATED DUE TO HIGWAY EXPANSION AND THIS CIRCUIT DHYX/029611//ZYO SHOULD HAVE DISCONNECTED AS IT IS NOT IN SERVICE ANY LONGER**

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Patron

We are now at the 51st day, with the new tower STILL not on! 51st day.

Unbelievable.

If you are in this area or any area that has a tower problem, get a hold of a supervisor or manager at Sprint and tell them about your reception problem and tell them that you want an “Airave Ver. 2” sent you at no charge with the monthly charges waved. It is a great device that hooks up to your cable or DSL modem and acts like a mini tower right in your house for a 5000 sq. feet area of your house. It is truly amazing and works with voice and data (3G EVO).

Make sure you ask for the Ver. 2 unit of the Airave. If you don’t, your will get the older version that does only voice. 

If they tell you they have none in stock, tell them you will buy it and want credit towards the price of the unit. Check Amazon.com for them, I searched and went right to the site that had them and ordered directly from them. Here is the link for the unit.

http://www.networldoverstock.com/Items/AIRAVE%20AIRVANE%20NEW%20VERSION-A%20RETAIL?sck=5642635&caSKU...

I must say with all the bullshit I have been through with Sprint over this tower problem, I am glad to find two different managers that actually did their jobs and actually keep them promise and called me back and set me up with this unit and helped with a phone problem that was their mistake in shipping. It’s just really not fair that you have to spend 10’s of hours on the phone to get the right help.

Now all we have to do is get this new tower up and running. The question remains, WHEN???

Patron

Well I have to say, I think finally some good people at Sprint did help me with the proper credits and bills. I truly believe they real did this time, but the way things have been going, I will have to wait and see.

Thanks though guys at Customer Care and the Supervisoer for all the work you to to reolves this. It is just a shame it had to be taken to the point it did.

Patron

68th  **STILL NO TOWER WORKING** 68th DAY!

Patron

**FINNALY**  The new tower is up and running!  Thank YOU

Wizard

Wow.  I'm surprised you stuck around that long... I would have left about week 2.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.