Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not Sending/Receiving Texts and calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone not Sending/Receiving Texts and calls.

Hi,

I am in Plano, TX and have had no issues with service at this location.  I was able to send two texts out this morning and receive one back and then all of a sudden, no texts were being sent or received.  Issues with phone calls as well.

I have a Galaxy II

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Phone not Sending/Receiving Texts and calls.

TPR7199,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues making and receiving calls as well as sending and receiving text messages.  Try this.  On your phone, go to Menu>Settings>System Updates>Update Profile.  Once the update is complete, try to make a call and/or send a text.  If this doesn't resolve your issue or if you receive an error during the update, please let me know what is going on.  I'll also need to know what error you are receiving when attempting to make a call.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried - no luck.  My zip code is 75093. The error is that when I send a text out, it just says "Failed" after trying to send it out for a while.  The phone calls doesn't even catch or ring.  When I'm calling my cell, it will either ring or go straight to vm - but my phone won't cell catch anything or notify me.

Highlighted
Wizard

TPR7199,

Did it allow you to perform the update or did it fail as well?  Also, could you provide me with your nearest cross street so I can look you your precise location?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to update my profile.  Cross street would be Dallas Parkway or Park Lane and/or Dallas North Tollway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried again to update it. and it failed. said unknown error.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you for that information.  First, please edit your post to remove the street number of your address.  This will help protect your privacy as this is a public forum.  When reviewing your location, I see that the closest tower to you is experiencing a voice outage.  Ticket# 9461297 is currently being worked on by our technicians and has an estimated time of repair of 09/11/2012.  This means that when you leave that location, you should be able to make or receive calls as well as sending and receiving text messages.  If for some reason your issue is not resolved at that location by 09/12/2012, please let me know so I may escalate the ticket if necessary.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue in the same exact zip code 75093. I cannot send or receive. I tried to update profile as well and received an error. Is it the location we are in?

Wizard

ladycherrier,

If you are around the same location as TPR7199, a voice outage was reported and our network technicians are working on it as we speak.  Ticket# 9461297 is currently being worked on by our technicians and has an estimated time of repair of 09/11/2012.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.