cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasanton, CA 94588 Very slow data

Journeyman

Re: Pleasanton, CA 94588 Very slow data

Just chatted with Sprint for other issues, asked them about the tower.  This is their reply, I really hope it is 10/10 and not 10/31.

You: 94588 - Pleasanton, corner of Hopyard and Coronado, the data and voice signals have become very weak over the last month.
You: The tower has issues.
You: Can you report this and ask them to fix?
Joni N.: I am showing the outage has been reported and is scheduled to have the repair completed 10/10/2012 15:51:37 CST
Journeyman

Thanks for the update.  I hope so too.  Where did you chat online with them?  I wonder why they have different information.  Or maybe they just moved up the repair date because a lot of people are complaining.

Journeyman

I was in Dublin this morning waiting for my new tires to be installed and noticed that the speeds are alot better there.  My phone was bouncing back between LTE and 3G.  3G speeds were around 1.6mbps down.  LTE speeds were around 6mpbs down.  I stroll into work and I'm down to 0.2 mpbs down.  Sigh.

Journeyman

Just got this at the 24 hour fitness on willow:

image.jpg

I Was there an hour and was locked on to LTE the entire time.

Journeyman

I have trouble getting a connection in my office which is facing Owens on the first floor. It's terrible.  I've been having some meetings in a building nearby and I am able to get 4G, although I don't think it's as fast as you posted.  So, I really hope this tower gets fixed soon.  The internet is almost non-existent.

Journeyman

I am still having problems so I called again.  It appears that the tower is still not fixed.  A part that is needed to fix the tower is on backorder and they have no clue when it will be fixed.  I'll call them back in about a week.  Sure wish it could be fixed soon.  4kbps is not fun.

Journeyman

Airerik,

The response you got in your OP sounds VERY familiar to what I've been experiencing in southern Berkeley for over 6 weeks. The customer service reps, technicians, and supervisors don't seem to care that there is actually a problem with the tower that services the zip code 94703 by 62nd and Martin Luther King Jr. Way. They know there is a problem. They refuse to fix it. So much for listening to paying customers. I'm very frustrated and if by the time LTE launches here, I don't have reliable data and talk service in southern Berkeley, I will dump Sprint and I won't pay an early termination fee because Sprint has dropped the ball even after at least 6 45+minute phone calls with me proving the problem and trying to get it fixed. I shouldn't have to work harder than Sprint to fix their network issue.

I'm thoroughly disgusted. It sounds like you are as stuck as we are in southern Berkeley. Good luck. Don't hold your breath.

Journeyman

I've been with Sprint for about 12 years now.  I never had any major problems until this past 1-2 years.  I had some issues in Fremont but I'm almost always using WiFi so it wasn't a problem.  However, it's improved and I now have 4G in Fremont, and it's getting better.  So, I do have hope in Sprint.  I can walk a half block away in Pleasanton and get pretty fast 4G.  But it's that tower that's been a problem for me for months.  At first, it seemed that Sprint didn't care.  And it may still seem like that. Although I have finally seen some improvement in other areas in the bay area.  I have a terrible problem in Berkeley at the football stadium, but it's always been terrible there.I think I will not be able to put up with this a few months more.  I'm trying to be patient but it's hard.

Journeyman

We must be on different towers.  I get LTE in my parking lot now but when I enter the building it disappears.  I think LTE is very spotty since I can't get it sitting in my cube and I sit next to the window facing the parking lot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I've been with Sprint for about 13 years, even though they lost record of my first few years as a customer, and I've tried my best to remain loyal and upbeat over the past 1-2 years of terrible service. I'm getting burned out and losing hope quickly. Things haven't gotten better since Network Vision was announced here. In fact, things seem to keep getting worse. Today, my phone is roaming on and off on Verizon. Therefore, sometimes the Sprint Network is non-existent here in Berkeley. At home in Oakland, the speeds are often attrocious but at least I'm mostly able to use the network.

I'm quickly losing all patience. I've been through a lot with Sprint. I hope it gets better. I really don't want to deal with the hassle of dumping Sprint and looking for another carrier. But that is what Sprint is forcing me to do. I have to seriously look at my options now. I don't want to sink with the ship.

Journeyman

@pulse45

I do get LTE in some areas around my work, but not in my office. I'm not sure if it's 2 different towers, but Sprint still admits there are problems with one tower nearby.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.