cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21849 zip code

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21849 zip code

I noticed a drop in data quality on August 18th, 2011 with my Compass 597 Aircard (Awesome Card BTW).  I called *2 on my EVO to find out what was going on.  (This was very unusual since I switched to Sprint in 2008 and have had no problems at all) I was told on August 19th that a ticket was put in for the cell tower near my house and it would be "a couple of days" for it to be resolved.  It is now Day 5 and the data connection is worse than when I had free dial-up.  Which is funny because the diagnostics on my EVO tells me that my Data Connection (3G) is working correctly.  3G, I don't think so.  It's worse than it was when they were transmitting 1x.  How can you falsely tell me that my Data Connection is working when there is a known ticket open for the tower I'm connected to?  Speedtest.Net gives http://www.speedtest.net/result/1445333786.png   I'm getting side tracked on the deceitful way Sprint is going about the known tower issue.

What I would really like to know is when will it be fixed?  Is there any way I can block that tower and possibly connect to another one in the area that is ACTUALLY transmitting a 3G signal?  I have a lot of money invested in phones x3, premium plans (EVO 4G with no 4G coverage lol), aircards (you can do the math) and not to mention the monthly investment on web subscriptions like World of gaming Craft or MiniSoft gamerBox or a certain movie website that you can get instant movie Flicks over the interNET .  Ok i'm ranting but, I have more than just my Sprint bill that I'm paying for and not getting services now because of this one tower. 

Any sort of land line is out of the question for me I was told by a rep that, "You will NEVER get cable where you live.  It would cost my company too much money to get it to you.".  So, I am stuck with this. 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Master

Re: Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21949 zip code

We apologize for the trouble, I know it can be frustrating.  I ran a check on your zip code and currently there are no officially posted outages in 21949.  I can look up a more accurate history and report of the area with an intersection, city and state for where you're having the issue.  Also we have more information regarding reporting network trouble which can be found here. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2010/12/13/pos...

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21949 zip code

Well, I feel like an idiot now.  I have edited the zip code to reflect the actual code.

Highlighted
Master

Ok, yes, we do have an EVDO connection issue in 6 zip codes for that area. 

We're not showing an estimated time of repair, unfortunately.  However, and I know this may not be what you want to hear, but .11MBps is still 3G and 1xRTT is the original 3G before we upgraded our 3G network to EVDO and then EVDO Rev A.  It's like 3 different generations of 3G.  This is a speed chart from our knowledge base and on our sprint website. 

Speed Comparison

3G/1xRTT

EVDO

EVDO Rev A

Download Speed

50-70Kbps

400-700 Kbps**

600 Kbps to 1.4 peaking to 3.1 Mbps**

Upload Speed

50-70Kbps

50-70 Kbps

350 -500 Kbps, peaking at 1.8 Mbps*

I will forward this outage to Network to see if we can get an update on the outage.  Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. 

Sincerely,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok Tom, I stand corrected on the 3G/1xRTT.  But, come on.  You know, as well as everyone else, that 3G hasn't been related to 1xRTT in years.  Technically, it's the same thing but, 3G is Rev A now.   I hope that if you had your car towed to a mechanic with 4 flat tires he wouldn't tell you, "Yep, everything's fine.  The tires are still on the car. That'll be $250.".  BTW I just now was able to connect again to respond to your post.  I thank you for your time and looking into this matter.  Again, is there any way to connect to another tower manually.  It would be nice to be able to select which tower you want to connect to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there an update from Network on the outage? Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's been a week now.  How's that update coming?  Could I please get an answer on when it will be resolved?  I said please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DAY 8

Journeyman

Day 9

Highlighted
Master

Re: Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21849 zip code

There are no Open Events for ZipCode 21949 in the last 7 days

There are no Closed Events for ZipCode 21949 in the last 7 days

for 21849:

EVDO Connection 7871796 At 2011/08/18 20:18:36 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Baltimore : Non-MSA Market: EVDO Connection (No Service) We estimate a time to repair to be 08/19/2011 03:18:00 CST . 08/18/2011 15:18:00 CST 3 Not Cleared 08/18/2011 15:53:58 CST WA33XC183 Delmar MD 21875

I have requested an update for the open ticket:

Update Request for Ticket No : 7832607 submitted successfully

I will post back what I find as soon as I get more info in the next few minutes.

EDIT:  They were waiting for a part and the part was delivered today.  That is right off the TRAMS ticket.  So the best that I can tell you is it should be fixed any time.  I will be happy to private message you regarding your service being out so many days.  I do apologize for the huge inconvenience this has been to you.

Message was edited by: robotaholic

Highlighted
Journeyman

DAY 12  The blinking light on top of the tower is laughing at me.:/

Highlighted
Journeyman

DAY 14

After over an hour on the phone standing on my roof, yes, standing on my roof so I wouldn't get disconnected, I still have no answer from what I thought was Customer Service.  Sure, you guys talk a good game but, at the end of it all I still have no more information than I did before I called.  WHY doesn't Tech Support know when a tower is going to be repaired?  I know that the tower is down and you are diligently working on it.  Cut the crap and tell when you are going to fix it. Do you guys just randomly drive by towers and work on them?  I would hope that you have a plan of what you are going to do each day and if you do, why is it a big secret?  Your CSR are made to look like idiots because they can't find out, well, anything about the repair.  This line about getting it fixed anytime now is not satisfactory.  If it's a day, then great.  If it's another week, not so great but, at least I can then do my own planning around you.  As I stated before, I have more riding on this than just paying you my money every month.  If I have to, I'll pack up my gear and go some where with a Comcast Cable connection.  I just need to know when.  Oh, and by the way, the local Sprint store looks more like a broom closet for the B&N Bookstore next door than a place for business.  WTF happened to you?  I have almost as many devices on my account as the store did on the shelf.  I asked if I could get an update on a service ticket and the guy laughed and said, "We don't even have access to that stuff."  So, I then asked if they sold antenna adapters for my aircard and again another laugh, "We don't have any accessories.  We don't even have aircards.  All we sell is phones.  You could try the Sprint Store in Lewes, DE."  I thanked him and left the store shaking my head.  I'm not going to drive an hour to another store so they can tell me that they know the tower is down and they are diligently working on it.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.