cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21849 zip code

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please Update/Resolve Tower Service Ticket in 21849 zip code

I noticed a drop in data quality on August 18th, 2011 with my Compass 597 Aircard (Awesome Card BTW).  I called *2 on my EVO to find out what was going on.  (This was very unusual since I switched to Sprint in 2008 and have had no problems at all) I was told on August 19th that a ticket was put in for the cell tower near my house and it would be "a couple of days" for it to be resolved.  It is now Day 5 and the data connection is worse than when I had free dial-up.  Which is funny because the diagnostics on my EVO tells me that my Data Connection (3G) is working correctly.  3G, I don't think so.  It's worse than it was when they were transmitting 1x.  How can you falsely tell me that my Data Connection is working when there is a known ticket open for the tower I'm connected to?  Speedtest.Net gives http://www.speedtest.net/result/1445333786.png   I'm getting side tracked on the deceitful way Sprint is going about the known tower issue.

What I would really like to know is when will it be fixed?  Is there any way I can block that tower and possibly connect to another one in the area that is ACTUALLY transmitting a 3G signal?  I have a lot of money invested in phones x3, premium plans (EVO 4G with no 4G coverage lol), aircards (you can do the math) and not to mention the monthly investment on web subscriptions like World of gaming Craft or MiniSoft gamerBox or a certain movie website that you can get instant movie Flicks over the interNET .  Ok i'm ranting but, I have more than just my Sprint bill that I'm paying for and not getting services now because of this one tower. 

Any sort of land line is out of the question for me I was told by a rep that, "You will NEVER get cable where you live.  It would cost my company too much money to get it to you.".  So, I am stuck with this. 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Master

I can feel your pain.  I wish we had more information to give you.  The effects of the recent hurricane are delaying many of our repair efforts, especially in that region. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

I started to include the line...and don't give me that hurricane crap as an excuse...but, I didn't on my last post because I thought I would give you all some credit but, since you mentioned it.  This problem has been known since the 18th and the hurricane didn't come through until over a week later on the 27th.  Please.  Please, don't bullshit me.  After Monday, the connection has gotten worse.  I'm almost certain that someone went to the tower that day and made it worse than it was and are now waiting for more parts that they either screwed up installing the new equipment or they didn't fully evaluate the problem the first time and now need more parts.  I'm sure that info won't show up on the service ticket.  If it was truly important to Sprint to fix the tower that I depend on they would spend the little extra to ship parts UPS Red and not UPS Ground.  Just sayin'.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DAY 15

Highlighted
Journeyman

Day 16

It appears that the tower has been worked on this morning.  All speed tests are on average for a busy network during lunch so, we will have to wait and see how it goes later on tonight.  I just hope this isn't just a temporary thing.   I thank all of you for getting this matter resolved.  Today is my son's birthday and I'm sure he will be happy to get back on XBOX Live with his new games.  Again, thank you.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.