cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor EVERYTHING in Richmond, VA. - WTH is going on with Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor EVERYTHING in Richmond, VA. - WTH is going on with Sprint?

I live a mile and a half outside of the city of Richmond.  Ive been with Sprint for like 8 years now and here in the past 6 months I have noticed that the service and connection on my phone HTC Evo Shift(mine) and LG Marque(?)(Fiance's) phones just down right stinks!  Dropped calls, unsent or delayed texts, no connection to the internet when we barely hang onto 3G, the phones constantly lock up, we delete all of our texts daily, all of our emails, arent running any extra apps, and our phones still say that we are running out of storage space, but we have not downloaded any apps other than Facebook and a couple others, but our storage display shows plenty of room.  Bascially, the phones have turned to crap and so has the service all the way around.  We can sit still and watch our phones go in and out of 3G losing bars, getting the bars back and then they go into roam?  All while sitting still anywhere!!!  The sad thing is, our family, who are all on Verizon, come over and have no problem whatsoever with their calls, texting or connection to the internet.  I looked at the coverage map, pinpointed to my street corner, and my house is showing as the area in "Sprint 3G & more".  Well, that is a load of crap.  Our phones have been updated with everything that needs to be updated, we are running no extra apps, and we still cant manage to connect to the internet on our phones, receive phone calls(takes like 9 rings before our phones actually ring so we miss alot of calls), texting is delayed or just not sent.  We can travel anywhere else and still have the crappy service.  3G used to be a constant, never failing and now its a miracle if our phones can hold it for more than a minute. 

We actually went into a Sprint Authorized retailer the other week to discuss our connection issues and the store employees looked like they had no clue what we were talking about.  They just shrugged their shoulders and said they didnt know.  We just stood there in disbelief and walked out. 

I used to sing the praises of Sprint....but now....all I do is cuss them.  What has happened to Sprint? 

It will not be a problem to go to Verizon or AT&T other than the early termination fees we will have to pay but seeing as we dont have any service, it will be worth it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Poor EVERYTHING in Richmond, VA. - WTH is going on with Sprint?

I live in central New York. I have been a faithful Sprint customer since 2008. Recently I experienced loss of service at my residence. Initially, I did what most people do. I assumed it was a malfunction with my phone, so I checked the operations of the phone out, cleaned out old apps, restarted the phone etc etc. and the phone was running fine. To be honest I'm very disappointed with the current service of Sprint. I feel like the they misrepresented the service area's. When I purchased the phone and signed a contract, I was showed a "map" of the sprint coverage area's. All the area's covered when in "Green" looking at the map, where I lived was all in green. Since that time, my cell phone cuts out, drops calls frequently and carries very weak signal's in what i call a "solid green area of thier coverage map. I'm further frustrated that I cannot make calls in certain area's of my house. I have to stand near a window or the call drops.

I had no cell phone service at my home for over a week. Like hundreds of other people I have read about on forums, I called Sprint to put in a service request. I was given the same scripted response and told service would be restored in a few days. Those days came and went and still no service. Finally about a week later I had service, and Sprint insulted me by taking $13.18 USD off my bill. The signal is 1 bar and the calls drop on me continuous. I'm paying top dollar for this service and it "SUCKS" to further insult me, my friends and family come over my home and have full Bars and excellant service. I walk into my kitchen and there is no service or the call drops. By the way...I used my friends "Verizon" cell phone to call in my service request for my sprint phone.

I started to reseach this problem and today was shocked that this seems to be a nationwide situation. SPRINT IF YOU ARE UPDATING TOWERS ...TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS PLEASE- WHAT IS GOING ON ? I have never recieved any notifications regarding towers, updates or solutions. Sprints silence and scripted answers makes you feel like they are deceptive on what is really going on.

Perhaps this is something for social media to adress. My decision is close, if this is not solved soon, regardless of cost to me, I'm going to part ways with sprint and find a company that can give me the service I deserve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has probably started upgrading the towers in your area. Call C.S. and ask them. If it continues call C.S. and get credit on your bill. I have been going through this for four months now . They told me yesterday that they will be finished with the upgrade today at 11:59 PM, if they aren't finished they will get a call at midnight .

Highlighted
Journeyman

So after the long conversation online with their computer who claims he was a real person, but never said yes or no, he/it, whatever said that the technical support team was going to call me back in a couple of hours to discuss the problem....well my fellow Sprint users...that was 2 days ago.  No phone call, no nothing, not even a blip on my phone to suggest that I missed a call.  just a phone that sits there and goes in and out of service, no internet, slow internet, slow texts, delayed texts, freezes for no reason, the touch screen wont even work either most of the time, So.....

That experience has confirmed that Sprint sucks & I should have never come back to Sprint.  I am cancelling my contract, regardless of the cancellation fees and we are going to AT&T.  We went in a local AT&T store last night and talked to the store manager!  He was actually out on the floor helping customers, which I have never seen a manager at any Sprint store I have been to, just little elves running back and forth that dont know anything. 

Bye Bye Sprint.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

JEFFREYMUNSON90 wrote:

I live in central New York. I have been a faithful Sprint customer since 2008. Recently I experienced loss of service at my residence. Initially, I did what most people do. I assumed it was a malfunction with my phone, so I checked the operations of the phone out, cleaned out old apps, restarted the phone etc etc. and the phone was running fine. To be honest I'm very disappointed with the current service of Sprint. I feel like the they misrepresented the service area's. When I purchased the phone and signed a contract, I was showed a "map" of the sprint coverage area's. All the area's covered when in "Green" looking at the map, where I lived was all in green. Since that time, my cell phone cuts out, drops calls frequently and carries very weak signal's in what i call a "solid green area of thier coverage map. I'm further frustrated that I cannot make calls in certain area's of my house. I have to stand near a window or the call drops.

I had no cell phone service at my home for over a week. Like hundreds of other people I have read about on forums, I called Sprint to put in a service request. I was given the same scripted response and told service would be restored in a few days. Those days came and went and still no service. Finally about a week later I had service, and Sprint insulted me by taking $13.18 USD off my bill. The signal is 1 bar and the calls drop on me continuous. I'm paying top dollar for this service and it "SUCKS" to further insult me, my friends and family come over my home and have full Bars and excellant service. I walk into my kitchen and there is no service or the call drops. By the way...I used my friends "Verizon" cell phone to call in my service request for my sprint phone.

I started to reseach this problem and today was shocked that this seems to be a nationwide situation. SPRINT IF YOU ARE UPDATING TOWERS ...TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS PLEASE- WHAT IS GOING ON ? I have never recieved any notifications regarding towers, updates or solutions. Sprints silence and scripted answers makes you feel like they are deceptive on what is really going on.

Perhaps this is something for social media to adress. My decision is close, if this is not solved soon, regardless of cost to me, I'm going to part ways with sprint and find a company that can give me the service I deserve.

You need to go to a Sprint corporate store if you want to talk to people that have more than a 3rd grade education. call (866) 984-4962 and report the tower outage. If you need me to get me the CLOSEST intersection to your house and I'll get you the closest site ID so you can have something for them to check specifically.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I am sitting at home last night and I see the LED flashing on my phone....I look at the phone...Oooh a voicemail...but, wait, my phone didnt ring?  Imagine that.  So I listen to the message and it says 'This message is for ........ this is cheryl calling with Sprint regarding your cancellation request that you made online via your e chat.  I apologize I was not able to speak with you directly but if your issue remains unresolved and you still wish to cancel your service, please e chat us again.  Thank you for calling Sprint and have a great day'  OMG are you Fking kidding me?  No phone number to call, and she was as rehearsed as she could have been AND calling 3 days after the original call?  Yes, Sprint, you suck. 

Its funny though, because my boyfriend just sent me a text that said, 'Wanna get new phones tomorrow...' So yeah, Im thinkin so as well.  I wasnt planning on doing it so soon into this billing cycle but the sooner the better.  I see that Sprint is ranked #3 among the 500 greenest companies in America....Um could that be because they suck and they arent doing anything to use up valuable resources? 

Good luck to all of you who have problems, I hope you get them resolved. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.