cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service in 27265/27360

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor Service in 27265/27360

For the past month I would say, the service in the 27265 and 27360 zip codes has been horrible.  The only time I get good service and internet speeds is when I am home hooked up to my wireless and Airave.  If I am about around town, I am doing good to get 2-3 bars of signal and my 3G internet speeds are less than 200 bps (no I do not mean Kbps), 4G is too limited here for me to test.  If I walk into a building, the odds are good that I will roam or just lose service all together.    I have tested this with two different devices and both generate the same results.  I have been told in the past that the towers here are being upgraded, but if this is the upgrade can we get a downgrade?  Did Sprint turn off half the towers in the area?  Any information is much appreciated, it's frustrating when you are trying to load a street address or weather or compare prices and all it does is timeout.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I couldn't agree more. I'm in the 27612 area and sprint service here is absolutely horrible! I've been a sprint customer for over 12 years and while the service isn't the greatest, it has gone completely down hill. I probably drop 7 out of 10 calls on average. The data speeds are terribly slow as well. Just as you said, I only get useful data when I'm on my home internet on wifi. It wasn't like this 6 months ago. Something must have happened which caused Sprint to be so bad with it's cell phone reception. I'm not sure if it's the iPhones that are putting a strain on the sprint network. I heard they're upgrading to a new signal called network vision and LTE but here in Raleigh, I read that it won't be complete until the end of 2013. I cannot wait that long. I cannot be paying an extra $10 for premium 4G data but meanwhile can't even use 3g. I tried to be patient but just ran out of it. I switched to Verizon. Cell service is excellent. 4G LTE service is excellent. Yes, it costs more but I'd rather pay extra for something that actually works rather than pay less for something that doesn't work. Sorry Sprint. I tried.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.