cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal Strength & Slow Data Speeds

Journeyman

Re: Poor Signal Strength & Slow Data Speeds

It took me quite awhile just to post here. The last time I tried.. it took me near 1 hour. I  moved to zip code 49015 on June 3. At that time I had the Motorola photon. Always had good signal out west until I moved to Michigan. With that phone at the current address I have dropped many calls.. constantly in roaming.. never ever seen a video.. nothing streaming!!! Phone got destroyed. Opened 2nd line. Looong story. But Sprint store convinced me of it. Got the new Samsung galaxy s3. But... the same problems. Dropped calls.. poor reception... hardly any data speed! I spend a lot of time online.. but in getting no where. Mostly waiting and then giving up. I have a spouse who has health issues and a special needs child. I have called Sprint numerous times about this. Kept being told completion dates for when towers will be fixed.... finally was told all was fixed........but the same old problems!!! and sometimes worse now! I've always given customerservice high marks and always defended Sprint online and to many others. But now when I've had problems... nothing has been resolved. Over 2 months of issues when I have a family and a job that requires me to have a phone. I have to break the contract. I feel that due to lack of being able to make quality calls and hardly any data and my family depending on me for communications... Sprint should allow the contract to end without any ETF'S. But after reading all the complaintson the boards... I am not optimistic 😞

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint many years. In the last 6 months service at my home has slowly gotten worse until now there isn't any. I have 3 sprint phones and can't switch to another provider because of the insane ETF's Sprint charges. To make a call we have to walk way out in the field behind us or drive into town. I am jumping ship as soon as I can. They tell me nothing is wrong with their equipment yet I used to be able to call from my house and now have to drive into town? and nothing is "wrong"?

Journeyman

I have also been experiencing these problems and have also wasted my breath with Sprint since receiving the iPhone in late September and started calling Sprint for help October 1st. I finally filed a complaint with the BBB online last week and who would have guessed Sprint takes these complaints VERY seriously. I received a call from a Sprint “Executive Analyst” within two days of the complaint and she has been in contact with me via email and phone on a consistent basis since she is assigned my BBB complaint.

This morning Sprint stated “This is a known issue with their network and it not only affects the iPhone5 but all new LTE devices currently being sold by Sprint.” The issue is with new Sprint LTE devices not being able to fall back to the older technology (3G and earlier) in areas without sprint LTE. They hope to have the “optimization” of their network completed within the next year (2013) to correct this problem.

I asked why it took me two months of being on the phone with Sprint customer service / tech support and replacing my iPhone with a brand new one to be told this now, she appologized. When asked why people purchasing the devices in the stores are not being told up front she said “I cannot comment”. I asked why a press release has not been filed and she said “she does not work in marketing”.

She offered to credit me three months of phone service and I countered with 12 months’ worth since the upgrades are expected to be complete in one year. She countered with six months and I declined. I asked to be let out of the contract since I was not told this information within the 14day window to which she said she could not do. She has sent this request up another level and will hear back tomorrow.

This is not fair and we need to get some national attention to warn current and potential customers; not to mention smells class action.

I encourage you to go online to the BBB and file your own complaint; again I was amazed at how seriously Sprint takes these complaints and how fast you will be contacted by Sprint to attempt to make you a happy customer. I expected it to go on deaf ears, it did not.

Journeyman

I was on the phone with them this morning and they are sending me an Airave to fix the signal issues. We'll see. It's a free device that will use my internet connection. I don't care how it works. I jjust want to be able to place a call from my house. I'll keep ya posted.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.