cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal in Abingdon, MD (21009)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor Signal in Abingdon, MD (21009)

Is anyone else experiencing a poor signal in Abingdon, MD? I typically have excellent coverage at my house, but today I had little to no coverage at my house (first time this has happened). I had to make 2 roaming calls which I'm not sure if I can get this off of my account. I tried to troubleshoot the issue by restarting my phone (Galaxy S3), making sure I had the most recent update of Android (Jelly Bean), and tried to improve the signal by going outside (didn't improve). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS - I attached a screenshot. I usually have full coverage.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Poor Signal in Abingdon, MD (21009)

I am not in your area, I am in Boston area.   I am not getting roaming issues like you, instead I am getting complete dropped calls and network busy signals in Boston area all morning.... Something is going on for sure today with the network.

Journeyman

Yes, something is definitely going on. The storm hasn't even hit any of us yet.

Journeyman

I live in Glen Burnie,Md. 21060 and for about the last week I have been issues around my area. Everything was just fine until about a week ago when I noticed my data started slowing down and then tonight I had two dropped calls for the first time since I purchased my phone. Very, Very strange. It cannot be the weather because it started prior to Sandy being any where near us. I sure would like to know what's going on.

Journeyman

Im here in Princess Anne MD 21853, and my service has been questionable lately also. I contacted Sprint and they are claming I have perfect coverage. I cannot see how that can be true though because I cannot get or make calls or text messages. I usually have pretty good service also. But this mess is getting out of hand. My phone seems like just a paper weight as of right now.

Master

Hello and thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to report this trouble.  Your area is being upgraded to the all new Sprint Network Vision project.  During the conversion, temporary dropped calls, blocked calls, calls rolling to voicemail and slower than normal data maybe experienced.  In most cases, these outages should be brief while engineers upgrade existing sites and install all new sites. 

We appreciate your patience,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

Im confused..is this only relevant to all of Maryland or just Abingdon, Md? And if it is the case, why was that not communicated to me when I spoke to a representative earlier?

Journeyman

Hello Tom,

In regards to your response, I live outside of Baltimore (which is the closest city listed/slated for getting the upgrade) by about 30 mins (28 miles). Now you have mentioned "temporary dropped calls, blocked calls, calls rolling to voicemail, and slower than normal data maybe experienced." How "temporary" will this be? I like most, use my cellphone for everyday communication. So, with me being an emergency responder (in multiple locations/fields) and my region is about to have a major storm hit us hard, planning for "temporary" dropped calls and having to make calls while roaming (in my own house/fire station/neighbors house/grocery store/etc.) is unheard of. I've heard of phrases such as "having to crack a few eggs to make a really good omelette." This situation, in my own personal opinion does not compare to an omelette because I paid for coverage and I'm not getting it. In hindsight when I have been able to utilize someone elses phone to make my important calls, the network that was work was Verizon. So Mr. Deaver, you may not be the Sprint Representative that can answer all of "our" questions, but hopefully you can point us to someone who can answer our questions.

Master

To STAR6132002 ~ as its related to 21009, this particular posted Network Vision upgrade/outage is affecting zip codes 21001 21009 21015 21017.  The "tentative" estimated time of repair/resolve is in the evening on 10/30/12. 

Tom Deaver

Master

CDDOUGLASS3 ~ I appreciate your candor and here's how it works.  We are not network engineers and are not in the field.  We review outage boards for posted information from field technicians and Network Operations.  We relay this information to the customers.  The information from the outage boards is in a general format.  If you'd like to post a couple of cross streets and a zip code, I'm happy to review your closest tower to see if a more detailed analysis is available. 

Thank you for participating in the Communities,

Tom Deaver

Journeyman

Thank you Tom for your help. The outage was resolved within the next 2 days. So for future reference I'll mark cross streets as well as the zip code.

Off topic, is there any plans for 4G LTE in the 21009 area? If you do not know this, it is not a problem. Thanks again for your help and prompt reply.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.