cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Sprint Service Past 2 Months

Journeyman

Has anyone else been having issues with their sprint service the past 2 months.  It seems that my service has gone down hill within the past 2 months and sprint seems to keep telling me that everything is ok and they refuse to send someone to my neighborhood to see first hand the actual poor to no service that I have.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Sprint seems to be having a lot of capacity issues they need to get fixed. Adding too many subscribers to a system

that can't handle it.

Wizard

Re: Poor Sprint Service Past 2 Months

Sorry to hear that you have had poor service these last 2 Months.

I can take a look at the area for you.

what is your zip code and if possible a near business address in the problem area?

You may also check for improvements by going to http://sprint.com/network.

PinkElmo

Journeyman

They have been looking into this issue a while and are still unable to fix the issues.  There is a ticket open in my area but each time the network engineers report that there are no issues and everything should be working.  The only problem is that I continue to have little to no service in my neighborhood even with an airave.  I want the service that I am required to pay for or my contract needs to be canceled so that I can get an actual provider that can provide me with a service.

Journeyman

Sprint 3G data speeds have been 100-200 Kbps AVERAGE  downlink for months in South Florida where I am at. Six months to a year  ago we had 800-900 Kbps downlink average. We all need to spread the  word to log performance using Speedtest.net, RootMetric's app, Sensorly  and OpenSignal map. Speedtest.net makes it real easy to e-mail your  comma delimited test results as well. Sprint techs and customer service  are trained to blame your phone and not their data network and their  phone tag is setup to maximize the chance that you get frustrated and  never pursue performance complaints. If you e-mail them, they only send  you a canned e-mail telling you to call their escalation number so you  can delude yourself to think you are getting extra service when you are  just being thrown into the back of the queue again to waste more time. They will not follow up via e-mail to avoid customers realizing that they have no intention of sending any of their sub-contracted "engineers" to go play monkey on their leased space on towers. I suggest that customers complain to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as well your state's public service commission and attorney general if you feel you are being ripped off. The network map with updates seems like a wonderful attempt at customer service and transparency, but it is just more marketing illusion than technical accuracy.

Journeyman

yeap!!problems must be every where.I wasnt sure untill I checked here if it was just me about the slow down.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Think Mr.B summed it up pretty well, the 3G speed that was already turtle slow has now decreased to the speed of a 200 year old turtle on its final walk.  I was told 4G would be in my area in the "next 6 months or so", some 9 months later and still stuck using my 4G phone on these primitive 3G network....Thanks Sprint!  The GPS service that was once outstanding is now a pathetic joke, most likely due to Sprint purposely ruining it in hopes of getting people to pay $4.95/mo for the upgraded version.  Unlimited Data I thought was good for consumers, but it turns out it is Unlimited Data Theft by Sprint and their good buddies CarrierIQ.  CarrierIQ pays Sprint to have access to 26 million phones to create user databases and sell them off to the highest bidders.  So Sprint can give us Unlimited Data plans... What a crock of spit.  Get out now, leave Sprint as fast as you can before they steal anymore personal data.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.