Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor/no coverage

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor/no coverage

Hello

my location at , San Antonio, TX 78251 has very bad coverage. incoming calls are frequently dropped/missed, the phone states that it is in 3g mode and will constantly chime as it switches to/from roaming (even though it is stationary)...

This issue has been going on for quite some time now.

please reivew & advise.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Poor/no coverage

NAVARROJ33,

Thanks for the information. That area has had recent capacity upgrades completed with more coming in. Can you please run a PRL update on your phone and let me know if it helps? Let me know the phone model and I'll provide directions.

Also, please edit your post to remove your address as this is a public forum. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello dan

Thanks!

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 3..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Dan

I completed the a PRL update to the phone, however, the service is still extremely poor at my location.

Please review & advise

thanks

-juan

Highlighted

NAVARROJ33,

Thanks for the information. Does this issue follow you wherever you go or is it something that is only happening within your home? Are there other devices in the home having the same issue?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the same problem for over a week. I am in zip code 36032. I had excellent service until 12/26/12. I also have a galaxy s 3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Dan

The service at home (see billing address) is horrible. Both our devices (Galaxy 3 and HTC EVO) only get about 2 bars on the signal strength meter. Calls are usually dropped even if we stay stationary. We also have to use our ISP's WiFi for surfing the Web.

This original complaint was about the lack of serivce at work. I get 1 pixel on the strentgh meter (if i'm lucky) and the phone is constantly pinging as it switches from 3G to roaming, even though it's just sitting on my desk. Calls come in but whenever I answer, they are immediately dropped. I also cannot link to the internet.

Please note that both locations are within the 78251 zip code.

thanks

-juan

Highlighted

Juan,

Thanks for the information. As the only thing I see is the capacity upgrades and no outages, I'd like to take a further look at this through your account to find a resolution. Can you please email sprintcares@sprint.com with your account information, security information and a link to this thread? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.