cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor reception in Fairfax/Oakton, VA, 22030, Chain Bridge Rd/Jermantown Rd

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had excellent reception until just recently.  The office building next door to me (faces Jermantown- yes, it is spelled with a "J"--, but I believe the address is 10530 Rosehaven Street) is being gutted & renovated, & I think they disabled the cell receptors on top of the building.  I would appreciate it if you could restore service ASAP as my cell is my only phone.  Thank you.

• What is the nature of your issue (e.g., blocked/dropped calls, no service/change in signal level, delayed voicemails/phone not ringing for incoming calls, delayed text messages)?  Describe what is happening. Poor/spotty reception - 1 or 2 bars at most, often none
  • What is your phone? HTC Evo 4G
  • Have you recently gotten a new phone? I have had this one for several months
  • Have you updated your device to the latest software/firmware/Preferred Roaming List (PRL)?  yes
  • Have you checked your coverage at http://coverage.sprint.com and is the result 'fair' for your location or is it in a fringe area? It says "best"- I am in a major suburb of Washington DC
  • Has the problem suddenly started?  When did it start? Yes - a few days ago.  I suspect cell transmitters on building next door are disabled
  • Have you recently moved to a new location? no
  • Where are you experiencing the problems? Inside of your home, outdoors while driving, or inside and outside of a specific location? Inside & outside in immediate area around my residence
  • What's the location's zip code? 22030
  • If you feel comfortable sharing address  or street intersection, please include.  With that information we can  look up the cell sites closest to you and see if they have experienced  any outages, or if tickets have already been submitted for them.  Jermantown Rd. & Chain Bridge Rd. - SW corner on W side of Rosehaven St.
  • Is the problem occurring everywhere?  Note if everywhere, then it is most likely a handset issue as it's unlikely that all towers/cell sites are not processing calls/voicemails/text messages properly. Just around my residence
  • Have you received any error messages?  If so, what are they? no
  • Do you know if other Sprint users are having the same problems? no
  • If you're not receiving any texts, have you checked that texts are not blocked on your account?  You can do so by logging into your account and looking under My preferences. I am reciving texts when the reception is good enough
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

I am not seeing an open ticket for an outage at that location, however I did mark the location to let Sprint know about the problem Location Marked.
Your incident ID is 7EEBXE

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having issues with my two phones as well.  I live very near this user.  I live near Willow Crescent Drive and Bradfield Place.  I am missing phone calls, texts are late to recieve, and other issues.  This has gotten really bad in the last week or so.  I took both my phones to the Sprint repair shop and they said one of the phones was not working right (a Samsung) and my other EVO needed a hard reset.  I have the phone home now and am still getting really bad reception.  I get one to two bars out side.  I get none or one if inside.  I was getting three bars in side.  What gives?  Before I decided to go with Sprint as a carrier, I checked the coverage of where I was going to live.  Since it says I am in the best coverage area, I went with Sprint.  Why has the coverage gone from good to down right horrable?

• What is the nature of your issue (e.g., blocked/dropped calls, no service/change in signal level,  delayed voicemails/phone not ringing for incoming calls, delayed text  messages)?  Describe what is happening.  Poor/spotty reception - 1 or 2 bars at most, often none
  • What is your phone? HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Transform
  • Have you recently gotten a new phone? I have had phones since March.
  • Have you updated your device to the latest software/firmware/Preferred Roaming List (PRL)?  yes
  • Have you checked your coverage at http://coverage.sprint.com and is the result 'fair' for your location or is it in a fringe area? It says I have the best coverage!
  • Has the problem suddenly started?  When did it start? It started weeks ago, but in the last week has gone from tollerabe to horrable non existant service.
  • Have you recently moved to a new location? no
  • Where are you experiencing the problems? Inside of your home, outdoors while driving, or inside and outside of a specific location? Inside & outside in immediate area around my residence
  • What's the location's zip code?  22030
  • If you feel comfortable sharing address  or street intersection,  please include.  With that information we can  look up the cell sites  closest to you and see if they have experienced  any outages, or if  tickets have already been submitted for them. Willow Crescent Drive and Bradfield Place
  • Is the problem occurring everywhere?   Note if everywhere, then it is most likely a handset issue as it's  unlikely that all towers/cell sites are not processing  calls/voicemails/text messages properly. Just around my residence
  • Have you received any error messages?  If so, what are they? no
  • Do you know if other Sprint users are having the same problems? Yes
  • If you're not receiving any texts, have you checked that texts are not blocked on your account?  You can do so by logging into your account and looking under My preferences.  I am reciving texts when the reception is good enough
Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I find out what is being done about this issue?  I am waiting to call customer service until, I get my other phone replaced.  I will then have two phones to try and see if this issue is with my EVO or both phones.  I am not receiving phone calls or texts until I leave the house.  Up till this week, I could use the phone in any part of my apartment.

Highlighted

Re: Poor reception in Fairfax/Oakton, VA, 22030, Chain Bridge Rd/Jermantown Rd

Zeromanners,

I do apologize for the service in your area. I did look in our network outage board and I did find a reported outage, Service ticket 7738394,Customers in the following area(s): Fairfax(VA),Oakton(VA) may experience difficulties with the following services : Voice. We experienced the following Problem(s) in the Washington DC : Washington DC Market: Voice (Out of service).We estimate a time to repair to be 08/15/2011. Now remember, the ETR is just an estimate and are subject to change.

Thanks,

Ray

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.