Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible 3G Outage in Austin?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have reset my phone, yet there still seems to be 3G outage.  4G and WiFi work fine.  Another user on Facebook commented on this happening in Austin as well.  I am on the EVO 4G in 78701.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Re: Possible 3G Outage in Austin?

looks like its back...restarted phone and im good to go.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Yeah My Girlfriend and I are in Georgetown, tx and seem to be having the same issue.

Journeyman

I'm in Austin too and neither one of my phones (blackberry and nexus 4g) are getting 3G.  I'm in 78724, BTW.

Journeyman

Also, the other person on my plan has 3G out on his Kyocera Echo and he's in 78745.  So I am guessing it is some kind of outage in the area.

Journeyman

looks like its back...restarted phone and im good to go.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Same here in North Austin (78753).  Others are reporting issues in other parts of TX and Louisana:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/305559

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/305582

Even scarier, calling *2 and 888-211-4727 resulted in "Number unavailable", although I can call other numbers with no issue.  My guess is that Sprint has a regional outage and their customer service is flooded with calls.

Journeyman

I did the same, Mike.  It looks like it wasn't going to come up by itself, so a restart was also in order.  3G is back.

Journeyman

North Austin/Round Rock.  It's still going in and out here.  It was gone for an hour or so, then it was back again for a little while, then gone again, now it seems to be working.  That is, if you consider 0.19mbps down/0.03 up with a 724ms ping to be "working".  I suppose it's better than nothing.  So fail.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.