Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Outage in Chicago (60625)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okiestro,

What about known antenna issues around the Chicago 60607 zip code? Signal is terrible in my apartment. It is constantly switching from Sprint Network to "Extended", 3G is nonexistent and my cell phone battery drains super fast because of this. What is the process to obtain an Airave? I would love to give it a try.

Thank you, 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey I live in Northcenter in 60618 but on the cusp of 60625.  My reception over here is great and 4G works perfectly too.  But EVERYTIME I go to Andersonville, I'm ROAMING.  Can you believe that BS? Roaming in a core northern city area.  I'm not the only one that reports this sort of problem in Andersonville.  Sprint seems to not give a flying f*$k about that area at all.  And this isn't just a one time, outage type of thing.  This is complete lack of coverage. Pretty inexcusable.

Highlighted
Master

Re: Possible Outage in Chicago (60625)

Here is network coverage for that area - You can always go to network.sprint.com to see this

https://network.sprint.com/search/Andersonville%2C+il/

Dont post your address but you must be just in between or on a line as we show coverage for that area. Send me a private message if you want me to check on your exact address.

anderson.JPG

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

This foolishness has been going on for me since January.  If you are not under contract, I found out a way to solve the problem.  I received the cell phone tower booster thing last week.  As I contemplated plugging it in I realized that this would not be a solution as, even if it worked, as soon as I left the 5,000 square foot radius of the device, I would be out of luck and I'd get bad service again.  Saturday my car battery died.  I was out by Welles Park.  I had multiple dropped calls while trying to order a tow truck.  They kept trying to call me back.  I kept trying to call them back.  I would get Out of Range errors etc.    The bars on my phone were going bonkers.  Finally after the tow truck guy came and jumped my battery, I drove straight over to Verizon, signed up for service with them and had them cancel my Sprint account.  The Verizon store at 500 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL is great!  So is the one at 209 S. LaSalle, Chicago, IL.  I had service right away.  I have service in my apartment.  I have service walking around my neighborhood.  So, there's your solution (if you are not under contract).  If you are under contract, my heart goes out to you.  Over and out Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If anyone is still reading this/experiencing issues, the Airave is no help.  I got it (after weeks of headaches and misplaced orders) and ... nothing.  My phone connects to it some times, but usually not.  I've gone through a number of troubleshooting sessions, and ... nothing.  Still no signal when I am at home even if I am practically sitting on top of the useless Airave.

No one at Sprint will tell me why this has happened.  This has been the worst costumer service experience I've ever had.  I have spent countless time standing outside so I can get a signal just so I can call Sprint and be placed on hold until my battery dies.  My contract is up in August and I will be gone (assuming I can't get out of it before then).

Highlighted
Journeyman

They should let you out of your contract.  I have not had the time to deal with this but my phone is useless at home still -- I missed a very important call a couple of weekends ago ..as soon as I get the time I will be switching to verizon or t-mobile , if I have the time I will submit a camplaint to the FCC for whatever that might be worth ... it's been good to have confirmation via this site as Sprint has not done anything for me.   Thanks for sharing!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Be careful with T-mobile.  My wife had it when we moved here, and she had to dump it for complete lack of signal over in North Center. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.