Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible outage in North Florida area?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys, David here. I'm having an issue using the internet on my phone. I can connect to the internet using another wifi connection just fine, but when I try to use the Sprint Network I have no luck. The 3g box at the top right corner is showing up, however the color of it is grey and I'm unable to load anything that requires an internet connection. It was working fine yesterday, and I haven't changed any settings or downloaded any updates since.

Do you all think this is a problem with the Sprint network or is this an issue with my phone? I have a Motorola Photon 4g and I haven't had any problems since getting it, until now.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Have you "power-cycled" your phone? (turn your phone off for 2 minutes and turn it back on) I would also recommend an update to your profile.  Home - Menu - Settings - About - System Updates - Update Profile. 

Also, please post a zip code with cross streets that's near your location.  We can look at our Network Performance for your closest towers. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually the power cycle seemed to do the trick. For future reference, is there any way to prevent this from happening again?

Highlighted
Master

Unfortunately, there can be many causes that create this effect.  Things like being out of coverage briefly and 3rd party applications from the market are just a couple of examples.  The Photon is a very sophisticated dual core computer and thusly, will need to be restarted from time to time.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alright, well thanks for all of your help.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.