cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential problem in 21044?

Journeyman

Is there an outage or problem in 21044, Columbia Maryland?  I have no problems using my phone in other areas of Columbia nor in DC where I work. I have other neighbors who have similar complaints.  It started on Tuesday night. I've called times and was told there is no report and it may be my phone.  Yesterday morning, a Sprint tech support had me reprogram my phone.  Last night when I got home, the phone did not work for the third night.  I drove a couple of blocks away and was able to make calls, send text, get on internet.  I called Sprint back and after 20 minutes was told that I need to take my phone to a store for troubleshooting.  When I explained that others are complaining as well in my area, I was informed that they need to exhaust all tests on my phone before dispatching a team. It seems pretty inefficient to make us wait and it is illogical that it is my phone when others are having the same data and phone problems in the same geographical area. It would have to be a serious coincidence that all of our phones stop working - at the same time - in the same block - on the same day. 

Please help.

18 REPLIES 18
Master

Give me an address close enough so that I can determine that sector. I see 98% of completion in the area towers.

The best possible idea is to use a business very near your location – and let us know if you are North or South etc from that location – and approximately how far from it

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thank you.  10480 Little Patuxent Pkwy (West) or 10601 Gramercy Place (West). It appears to be a one to two block radius.  Half a mile from each.

Master

There are three towers servicing this area - so there are more variables. It appears to be more in one sector but someone in technical support will need to analyze specific device info- cell registration history of all calls - to determine exactly what is occurring. We do not have it reported with a ticket but based on what you are seeing there has been a change of coverage. Here are maps of sectors - also there are some scheduled upgrades - the orange towers that you can track at network.sprint.com

1 gram upgrade scheduled nxt 90.jpg

1 gram 21044.jpg

Journeyman

I have the same issue. I also can't get service at the address listed above. (10635 Gramercy Place)  What can be done to fix this problem?

Journeyman

I just got off the phone after 36:44 minutes with speaking with customer service about the phone.  A ticket (prayfully) was created by James in Enhanced Tech Support. 

Master

AnnydSprintusr if they created a CTMS ticket I hope they explained it may be 48 hours before you hear anything - The ticket is a personla ticket for your service - the only way it can close is for Sprint to fix the issue OR if you fail to respond when they contact you. I mention the second way so you stay diligent - adamant and demanding!

It looks like based on what you and others are saying there are some issues on the fringes of each sector.

Larry

Journeyman

That is great to hear. Hopefully this problem can be resolved very soon.

Journeyman

Tim, thank you so much signing in.  I've been on this site all day and googling everywhere to find someone else who is having the same problem.  My boyfriend called customer service this morning and was told the same bs that I was.  No report of problem, must be your phone, bring it in, let us reprogram your phone, etc... He now wishes that he had those minutes of his life back.

As I mentioned in my 1:11PM post, I finally had a ticket created.  My ticket number is 18958173-120113.  The matter is now supposedly with the Ticket Management.  Their number is 800-268-0796. Call them to see if you can add comments to my ticket.  Otherwise, you'll have to go through another 15 people who are all reading a script and who will tell you that it is your phone and it is an isolated incident because no one has reported a problem!! Unbelievable.

Master

Re: Potential problem in 21044?

They won't add comments but like I said above this ticket will get a field technician to test the signal in the sector where it has changed. I will update this Tuesday morning on this post - already have it set as a reminder.

Thanks

Also PinkElmo is an excellent contact to get status updates on a ticket - she is who the forum BuzzTechs use here in Oklahoma City - She will answer private messages if you need to add info or get an update

Journeyman

To OKIESTRO - James warned me that if they contact me and I don't respond they will close ticket so I should call them to keep following up.  The joke is that unless they can catch me in the 2.5 minute window when the phone will work at 10:32 tonight, they won't reach me.   I will check back with them tomorrow or this evening if when I can make a call.  I don't mind them taking time to work on the issue.  I just needed for the repair ticket to be created so that SOMEONE could start working on it.  I can't believe every representative said - I have no reports - duh, that is precisely what I thought I was doing - reporting a problem with the network.

This is my third issue with Sprint in the last six months (defective equipment; poor, unknowledgeable, misrepresenting customer service; material change in contract terms).  This is getting very old very quickly. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.