Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Data Charge even if 4G is not available in my region?

Patron
Patron

Premium Data Charge even if 4G is not available in my region?

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Epic 4G, in which I was obliged to pay an additional $10/mo. for a premium data charge. I understand that rolling out a nation-wide network upgrade is a tedious & pricey task, but if it's unavailable in my region, I should not be obliged to pay for something I cannot use.

The nearest 4G city is 60+ miles to the south. The next closest is 100+ miles to the north..

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

The $10 premium data charge is not for 4G service. It is to assist in keeping data unlimited because data from a smart phone is used much much more frequently (10 X if I was told correct) and I have actually noticed going from a palm pre to the HTC Evo my data jumped approximately 3X. That is why all smart phones are charges and not just the 4G phones. The charge started on the 4g phones only as a test to see if the charge would be accepted and was moved to cover all smart phones 1/31/2011 (I think)

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.