cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 3G in 60402 (Berwyn, IL-Chicagoland area)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with 3G in 60402 (Berwyn, IL-Chicagoland area)?

I woke up this morning to find my internet pages aren't loading and my MSN messenger app is 'frozen'. I have the 3G icon up but it isn't glowing green, I can make calls and texts just fine it's just the internet not loading any pages, can't use any of my 3G type apps (Msn, Skype, etc). I have an LG Optimus that I recently updated to 2.3 on Tuesday morning but it was working fine when I went to bed, but I woke up to this. So I want to see if this is a Sprint Network issue or because of the update?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

So are you getting any error messages when trying to open any web pages or open any applications. Have you tried to update your profile as well as powercycle your device? I did noticed that we had a 3G browsing service outages in your area that says was corrected on the 21st. If it is still continuing, you may need to call Technical support by dialing*2 on your cell phone and or 1-888-211-4727 so we can report the outage.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just 'Connection failed: Unable to connect. Please Review your network settings'.

And no I have not, how do I do that?

Well it could be that it hasn't because my phone was working fine on the 21st. I'll try the updating profile and power cycle first if you can give me instructions. If that doesn't work I'll call tech support.

Here are the steps to update your data profile:

Press Home > Menu, then tap Settings.

Scroll up and tap About phone.

Tap Update Profile.

Phone will display The network is preparing your data services,  Please wait for approximately two minutes while checking for any updates.

Follow onscreen instructions to download and install any updates, if available.

Phone will return to About Phone screen with updates applied.

Press Home to return to Home screen..

I also did find a service outage that may be intermittent for data services. It also does show a ETR of 10/01/2011. This is just an estimate and that ETR is subject to change. the zip code 60402 is included with this outage. This ticket was just update on 09/18/2011.

EVDO Connection 7654044 At 2011/07/13 13:18:00 we experienced the following Problem with the cascade CH03XC108 in Chicago : Chicago Market: EVDO Connection (Dropped Connection) Building has been condemned. 07/13/2011 08:18:00 CST 3 10/01/2011 00:05:00 CST Not Cleared 09/18/2011 08:13:35 CST CH03XC108 Forest Park IL 60130
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to update the profile and it gave me a network error. How do I do the Power Cycle?

Highlighted

A powercycle is simply turn the device off, remove the battery for at least a minute, then put battery back in, turn on device and retry.

Ray

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.