cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the new 4g LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Question about the new 4g LTE

My question is about the new 4g LTE network. Will other 4g phones such as samsung epic 4g touch be able to use the 4g LTE network when it comes out?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the csr doesnt have the information or for that matter the time frame on when LTE will be in florida..not to mention if they DID actually have it...they cant just give it out. the majority of the new LTE network is supposed to be done by 2013...majority...in your case i would hold off until the LTE is actually there THEN upgrade to a LTE device..personally im not in a wimax area...and the only time i do get to use it is when im at training...which isnt often..so for me its no big deal upgrading to one of the new devices and then just hope i do get LTE at some point. aside from that it wont affect me in the least since i'll still be using the current 3G anyways.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed right now!!!!!! I have a 4G phone right now that is really a NO G phone and now Sprint comes out with 4g LTE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i feel the same way had and Epic for 2 yrs and now an Evo 1yr 1/2...have NEVER had the experience of 4g ever..now 4g LTE phones.. so sad sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently was in an area that 4g was available. unfortunately I don't believe it is faster than 3g maybe a little slower.

Highlighted
Master

I am assuming you have one of the 4g LTE phones.  What area were you in when you received 4g LTE service.  As we have not turned it on officially as of yet.  What kind of speed were you getting?   WiMax is available in several areas you may have gotten any where from 3 to 10 MB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I apologize. it was in st. louis and it was 4g WiMax I was refering to

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.