cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to hang up on second line during call?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having this problem as well. When I was with T-Mobile I had the option to end the second call but with Sprint you don't have that option. I've called and chatted with a representative and they tried to tell me how to merge a call. I know how to merge calls I just want to end the second call without hanging up on all calls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

unfortunately at the moment..still..the second caller would need to hang up to end the call.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is definitely a PROBLEM but not near as annoying to me as not being able to conference call with Sprint. 

Why is it that you can only merge one person in on a call at a time? 

I have a large family and you can't add 3 or more to a call!! You would think Sprint would have the capability. I asked and was told that it is the network! EVERY carrier can do this. Thank goodness one of the family members has AT&T because they can add up to 5 or 6 people. They constantly trying to get me to switch and I still hold out hope that Sprint will catch up with them!

Will we ever get to have this option! Small things are BIG to others, which I was told in a store that is not in demand!!

GrandMaster

this is a good little read from over at Verizon..before saying every other carrier can do it make sure they can first. there is a tad bit of a difference between a CDMA carrier like Sprint and Verizon compared to a GSM carrier like ATT and TMO. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202176 . this is talking giving a run down for apple devices but same difference..GSM to CDMA. you'll notice that it says GSM networks can handle up to 5...while CDMA can handle up to 2 calls at the same time..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well, maybe you should work for them! I understood your response and I have been asking at sprint for a hot minute! First I would like to say I don't have a Apple Device, with that being said, my problem from what you are saying is GSM vs CDMA!

GrandMaster

its a current limitation of networks.
GrandMaster

apple...android..doesnt matter..they work the same on a network..the point is that link i gave you with the break down shows the differences between GSM and CDMA for this scenario.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.