cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors of Sprint Outsourcing its Network

Journeyman

Re: Rumors of Sprint Outsourcing its Network

They're going to stay out of bankruptcy for saving 20%?!? And the thing is, nobody even know how much they'll save, they could endup paying more or saving 5% it a gamble that Sprint can't afford. How about the millions of customers that they lost and keep loosing? Don't ya think maybe that will bankrupt them?

Even if you add-up the call centers closed, the sites they sold, the lay-offs. Yes, it adds up, but they're still hemmroghing customers. Who's going to keep the lights on? I thought highly of Hesse, I didn't think he wanted to ruin his reputation, but Forsee destroyed this company and it doesn't seem like there's any hope.

They're alienating the hundred of thousands of people that signed up for Boost with the text crap. It hasn't been able to be fixed in 5 years and they say it'll be fixed in 2 weeks and guess what, texting still sucks on iDEN.

Everyone is not doing it, everyone is not handing over their core networks. Do you think ATT, VERIZON, TMOBILE, USCC are handing their core networks over to Lucent? Qualcomm? Nokia? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Sprint has been pimping their ERT and Go Kits while Verizon keeps it mouth closed. I hate Verizon, with a passion, but in all my research they have their act together. I was shocked to find out how many shelters included generators. The next provider I'll use, you betcha it will be Verizon. I liked Nextel because it worked. Sprint, who knows what will happen? You think that tech will answer the page at 3 in the morning to travel 70 miles to fix a site?

Outsourcing has destroyed their Customer Service, but yet they still continue. They're customer service is no better than it was 12 months ago. I call the regular CS just so I have some calls logged before I call executive care and they still can't get it right. I have an account I support and it's been wrong for 16 months!!

8,000 Laid off and another 5,000 to 7,000 outsourced, who's left? Hesse and his possee?

Journeyman

If the network does end up being outsourced my three lines will probably go elsewhere. I'm sick of all this outsourcing when it probably won't even benefit Sprint. Add that to the thousands that will probably be kicked to the curb and it will really hurt the core network. It is hard enough now to get network issues resolved and that is only going to become harder if this is done.

I haven't had the same experience with CS or billing as everything has been going great on that front. I used to have constant billing problems until Exec services just deleted my account and started over again. Since that was done I haven't really had any issues except when a store charged my account an activation fee for an insurance replacement. CS has been able to take care of anything I throw at them except network issues.

Journeyman

I haven't heard anything about this lately...any new news? I hope Dan has read the boards across the internet and seen how many customers are not all that happy with the prospect of the network being outsourced. If the company they are outsourcing to is making money at this then either Sprint isn't allocating resources correctly or the other company is going to slash the workforce and have a skeleton crew working on the network. If a skeleton crew is left the network will go to shambles rather quickly. I really think Sprint needs to keep on the track of what it is doing to improve CS and then work on the network. The network is ok but it could be better and I can think of a lot of ways it could be better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@LineNoise wrote:

They're going to stay out of bankruptcy for saving 20%?!? And the thing is, nobody even know how much they'll save, they could endup paying more or saving 5% it a gamble that Sprint can't afford. How about the millions of customers that they lost and keep loosing? Don't ya think maybe that will bankrupt them?

Even if you add-up the call centers closed, the sites they sold, the lay-offs. Yes, it adds up, but they're still hemmroghing customers. Who's going to keep the lights on? I thought highly of Hesse, I didn't think he wanted to ruin his reputation, but Forsee destroyed this company and it doesn't seem like there's any hope.

They're alienating the hundred of thousands of people that signed up for Boost with the text crap. It hasn't been able to be fixed in 5 years and they say it'll be fixed in 2 weeks and guess what, texting still sucks on iDEN.

Everyone is not doing it, everyone is not handing over their core networks. Do you think ATT, VERIZON, TMOBILE, USCC are handing their core networks over to Lucent? Qualcomm? Nokia? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Sprint has been pimping their ERT and Go Kits while Verizon keeps it mouth closed. I hate Verizon, with a passion, but in all my research they have their act together. I was shocked to find out how many shelters included generators. The next provider I'll use, you betcha it will be Verizon. I liked Nextel because it worked. Sprint, who knows what will happen? You think that tech will answer the page at 3 in the morning to travel 70 miles to fix a site?

Outsourcing has destroyed their Customer Service, but yet they still continue. They're customer service is no better than it was 12 months ago. I call the regular CS just so I have some calls logged before I call executive care and they still can't get it right. I have an account I support and it's been wrong for 16 months!!

8,000 Laid off and another 5,000 to 7,000 outsourced, who's left? Hesse and his possee?

Who said that outsourcing their network was the one and only plan they have in place to reduce overhead? And yeah, I DO think that doing so gives them a fighting chance. While it sucks for those who were laid off, it would suck even more if Sprint didn't do something to keep things afloat for the thousands more still working there. You have to create some stability in order to give a troubled company a fighting chance to recover.

I've personally had no problems with CS, but then I am a corporate customer.

I also had Nextel for years and NEVER had problems with sending or receiving text messages. The only thingI disliked about it was how slow and inconvenient their text messaging client was to use.

Patron

Bankrupctcy seems iminent for Sprint. My area (Naples, FL) must have been outsourced in the last week because my Palm Pre has gone from full bars to one teeny tiny bar. Every other call is dropped and i'm starting to lose business because of it. Even though I spent $600 on new phones in the last couple months I'm going to have to swtch services. I call my new program THE SIMPLY NOTHING PROGRAM.

And to top it off, on Monday morning I get an email warning from my bank that Sprint deducted $1,051.69 from my account for one months service on two phones (the bill should have been $250.00) It took me two reps to get anyone to listen to me. Of course they have to take 48 hours to issue a credit for over $800.00 & they "can't" refund my account directly. I have to wait for a check in the snail mail. What a joke. I guess their plan is to overcharge as many people as possible this month in hopes that 30% wont' notice. What a wonderful business plan! Maybe we should all use that business plan. Barry O plans on using it for the Governtment. Wait until you get your overcharged tax bill in April. When will the madness stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sprint’s deal with Ericsson for day-to-day services on the wireless and wireline networks is actually an example of inovation. Ericsson is the industry leader of network equipment and network services worldwide; they are synonymous with outstanding network support. Ericsson manages networks that together serve more than 275 million subscribers worldwide. Sprint will continue to own its wireline and wireless (iDEN and CDMA) networks and will continue to set the networks’ overall strategic direction and investment decisions.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.