cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Error: Radio Interface Resource Shortage

Highlighted
Journeyman

SMS Error: Radio Interface Resource Shortage

This issue has been happening occasionally over the past few weeks, but by the end of last week it became very problematic.  I am getting the error again today.

It usually happens when I send text messages, but now it happens when I try to load web pages.  Also, incoming calls are sporadically going directly to VM without ringing my phone, but if the caller hangs up and tries 2-3 more times it finally rings through.  This past weekend when answering an incoming call I couldn’t hear the caller at all.  They had to call me at twice more before I could hear them, even though it rang and I answered it each time.

OpenCell shows my signal ranging from 83-90%, and says the closet tower is about half a mile north of me.

Phone:  HTC Evo 3D

When our cell phones can’t receive calls or send text messages, even with a solid signal, it becomes an issue quickly.  We pay for 4G – although we don’t have 4G coverage here (Sprint promises that it’s “coming soon”).  That means we are paying a *serious* premium (over $240 per year extra) for the 3G service we get, and when it starts failing on a regular and increasingly frequent basis, we can’t afford to take it lightly.

Is there any way of knowing why this is happening or when it may be resolved?  This issue is definitely inconveniencing us, and we are beginning to question whether the service will be there in the event of an emergency.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Happening in Medford Oregon 97504 as well. I actually had an EVO 4G and only started getting problems this last month and I even switched phones to EVO 3D and still get the issue but even more severe.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Happening in New York City - Brooklyn (11217) as well. I had Evo 4G. Starting getting probelms since this morning. I updated everything but still getting the problem.

Journeyman

I just started getting this same message today.  I'm also having trouble calling certain people.  I can't call my best friend on AT&T because the call never goes through.  She can hear me but it never rings and I can't hear her.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.