cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

IndieArmy

Thanks for the info Sir. Sprint knows if they also charge as much as Verizon and AT&T, no one will be with sprint.

Other service providers has better coverage and better phones, but yes, expensive compared to Sprint. Thats the

advantage sprint has. If SPRINT also start changring same, why would anyone stick to sprint ? So its all business,

not LOVE for customers.

I have been with sprint since 2009 and using plam pre (which is not a great phone but good enough to be called

smart phone) all this time. And I was never able to stream youtube vidoes (Nursery rhymes kinda things) on Sprint

data network and half of the time my phone goes to 'R' mode. But stil I am with Sprint because of low cost plan.

And yes, I am ready to pay if sprint get me better coverage and better speed. But if they ask start paying $10 from now,

we will get you LTE speed by end of 2014, I am not going to buy it.

Again not against sprint, but as a customer, I expect better service when I pay more.

Journeyman

I have the first Evo and can pick up 4G coverage in Chicago... if I upgrade to the new Evo 4G LTE, will I still be able to acces the current 4G until the upgrade to LTE? Kind of confused on whether or not it uses the same antenna...

Wizard

Most people do not understand the SERO plans.   If you had the original SERO 500 plan at $30 per month, the upgrade to SERO Premium 500 for the extra $10 per month added such things as Sprint Navigation and Any Mobile to Mobile.  Unless things have changed in the past few weeks:  If you want to activate a smart phone (luckily for you, your Palm was not considered a smart phone for this purpose) on SERO, you are required to have SERO Premium at $40 per month and the Premium Data addon for an additional $10 per month, totaling $50 per month.  This is still a phenomenal bargain compared to other carriers' equivalent plans.  Sprint sometimes claims you can upgrade to a smart phone on SERO at a corporate store, but most store employees seem to think you have to switch plans to one of the currently offered plans.  DO NOT do this, as you will never be able to switch back to SERO, even if you were switched out in error.  Call in to customer care to upgrade on SERO.

Before you all ask, SERO plans are no longer available, but as Sprint usually does, existing SERO customers are grandfathered, although required to adjust plans as above.

Wizard

AMORISKY1 wrote:

I have the first Evo and can pick up 4G coverage in Chicago... if I upgrade to the new Evo 4G LTE, will I still be able to acces the current 4G until the upgrade to LTE? Kind of confused on whether or not it uses the same antenna...

No, the HTC EVO 4G LTE will not support WiMax data, so you will not be able to access the current 4G WiMax coverage in Chicago. When/if the LTE coverage is expanded in that area you would be able to utilize the new 4G LTE technology, but nothing has been officially announced for Chicago.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Journeyman

Wait a minute, Sprint announced that they were gong to have 4G/LTE in MOST major cities and tourist areas and in the same press release showed a 4G/LTE coverage map that contradicted the press release wording. Now Shane_M of Sprint is saying there is no official announcement that Chicago, a major city, will be getting 4G/LTE. I believe it's about time that Sprint actually start being honest with it's loyal customers, and quit pushing the sale of phones for a service that hasn't been made "live" yet, let alone going to be a national coverage. Or is it that Sprint is hoping that ALL of it's 3G customers go away at contract end, if so, then becareful in what you wish for. I for one, will re-examine whether switching to another carrier  that provides a better 3G service is worth more than just sticking around for unfulfilled press statements, promises of a better service. The only better service Sprint has to offer right now is unlimited data. Unlimited data is pointless unless you have excellent 3G service or nationwide 4G/LTE. This is difinitely not about how much I pay, but the quality of service I get and how a carrier lives up to the "hype" it creates for itself. So far, Sprint, you aren't leaving up to the "hype" and most certainly do not give the service that my hard earned dollar pays for.

Journeyman

Chicago will be getting LTE, but Sprint is not committing to a specific timeframe. From what I've seen, it's going to be one of the earlier ones, but it's still unannounced officially.

GrandMaster

IndieArmy wrote:

Here is the roadmap. Between roaming and the direct network, pretty much the entire country will be covered by completion in 2014.

i do like how they keep changing up the completion date..originally it was 2013...then "majority of" was added in front of 2013 lol...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Shane,

Quick question... I live in Richmond, VA and this city is not on sprint LTE n/w cities list. So If I get Galaxy Nexus LTE phone, I will get only 3g speed on this phone

till sprint brings LTE. right ?

GrandMaster

that is correct. so far they dont have any phones that can do both LTE 4G and WIMAX 4G. its either one or the other.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

At this time we are not offering any phones with WiMAX and LTE chipsets and I am not aware of any in the future. Although Sprint is committed to maintaing it's WiMAX network for the forseeable future we will not be expanding WiMAX coverage. If you live in an area that is not currently in WiMAX coverage but you would like a 4G compatable phone you might opt for an LTE phone. (Unless of course you visit WiMAX cities freqently, then you may consider a WiMAX device).

Wizard

Holey in the future Sprint will have a phone that will have 3G WiMAX LTE on one phone im in a WiMAX area and going to get LTE in my area also having 3 chips in one phone is a great thing to have.

Highlighted
Wizard

nas35, I apologize for the confusion, but as far as I am aware of Sprint will not be offering a phone with WiMAX and LTE.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.