cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

I disagree with you Fireguy, both of those comments contradict each other. There is a difference between market and area coverage. In business, market is focused towards a specific group, in this case cities, towns and as Sprint mentioned in their press release for LTE coverage, "high tourist areas". Coverage doesn't rely on a market. When I read the press release from Sprint regarding LTE coverage and looked at the LTE coverage map they provided at the same time, those two items contradicted each other. I think customers are upset with how the 4G WiMax was promoted and never lived up to the hype that Sprint put out for it. Another contradiction, and this could be sourced base, but Halcyoncmdr stated that Sprint was ahead of their deployment schedule, but looking at the link Jonathan provided, it would seem that Sprint is lagging behind.

GrandMaster

ronwbrown01 Newbie  

Currently Being Moderated

69. May 9, 2012 12:11 AM (in response to halcyoncmdr123)

I think USAFARFF was coming from the statement you posted above which contradicts what you just said...

"halcyoncmdr123 said:... LTE itself however will be turned on market by market when Sprint feels the coverage and performance is good enough in that Market to enable consumer use."

that statement contradicts with (or not explained clearly enough):

"halcyoncmdr123 said:...As each market around the country is upgraded as part of Network Vision, LTE is added to those towers, once Network Vision is complete in that market and tested, LTE will be enabled"

RB

if someone looks hard enough often enough they will find a fault in everyones post no matter what it is. even ronbrown01 shows that the differnce may have been just not being explained clearly in one compared to the other. which is exactly as i see it.

also they posted on why theyre kicking out the LTE phones without the LTE being nationwide.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/89655?tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

What is "Network Vision"?  Is that simply Sprint's "plan" or is it the actual technology?  As is LTE is the Technology or (srvice) 

And this new EVO is not capable of 4G if I understand correctly?  So if LTE is not avail, we are on the 3G network still?

Journeyman

jonathan-bracero wrote:

Frist & secound round of towers are all here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

I'm in the 2nd round, East Michigan (Detroit) It sais that these 2nd round  "markets" will start between June/July 2012 and Dec 2012, depending on how quickly 1 st round market deployments go.  "Starting" means what? starting the upgrade, or starting the actual LTE service? Sais it ibcludes the makor cities in the East side of lower Mich, but does that also mean everything in between the major cities, the suburbs of those areas? 

According to the 1st round , those markets should be up and running?  Are they?

GrandMaster

network vision or NV is the upgrading of the current towers to newer technoligy. the LTE will be added to those.

explained here

and here

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2011/09/15/wha...

and correct. the only availible 4G currently is wimax..the new LTE phones will not work on both 4G wimax and 4G LTE (future released phone? possibly..but wimax is supposed to be dead around 2015). so until the LTE is lit up for customer use you will be stuck with only 3G speeds. i never had wimax to begin with so it doesnt really affect me one way or another..if/when it finaly makes it to my area i'll either be ready for it or still be stuck with the 3G...which im already used to.

there was rumor of a data card that would run both 4G wimax AND LTE...but again rumored...and i cant remember where i read that lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

network vision or NV is the upgrading of the current towers to newer technoligy. the LTE will be added to those.

explained here

and here

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2011/09/15/wha...

i never had wimax to begin with so it doesnt really affect me one way or another.

Ok thx....me either so I wouldn't be missing anything. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

newer phone with HOPEFULLY either the same reception as the OG EVO or at least better reception. not to mention hopefully a equal to or better than speaker as the OG EVO..the 3D's speaker phone pretty much blew apples

Journeyman

warrior391 wrote:

jonathan-bracero wrote:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

I'm in the 2nd round, East Michigan (Detroit) It sais that these 2nd round  "markets" will start between June/July 2012 and Dec 2012, depending on how quickly 1 st round market deployments go.  "Starting" means what? starting the upgrade, or starting the actual LTE service? Sais it ibcludes the makor cities in the East side of lower Mich, but does that also mean everything in between the major cities, the suburbs of those areas? 

According to the 1st round , those markets shold be up and running?  Are they?

Antone know? ...Sprint members perhaps? 

Journeyman

warrior391 wrote:

warrior391 wrote:

jonathan-bracero wrote:

According to the 1st round , those markets shold be up and running?  Are they?

Antone know? ...Sprint members perhaps? 

So no one from Sprint can answer??  Funny how when we make a complaint or bring up an issue that is fact, Sprint reps are jumping all over it with their company standard form letter rhetoric but when it comes to dishing out relevant information, no one to be found. Go figure.

Obviously the consumer cannot answer this Q, apparently neither can Sprint...Back the the Waiting game right??  Just when I thought we were making some headway with information, and not switching to a diff carrier, Sprint never disappoints in knocking us back a peg or 2.

Journeyman

Shane_M wrote:

The true reason for the extra $10 is due to the increased costs associated with operating smartphones on the Sprint network and that smartphones on average use 10x as much data as a feature/basic phone; it is not for 4G data of any kind, unfortunately a lot of misinformation was out there regarding this.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

"We require this add-on for phones made to deliver superior wireless experience including web, email, video and social network"

Right off the link on our bill for the "required" add-on

So if that's the case, then why not just make it part of the base plan and a lower base plan price for those that don't have the devices capable?  Why, you ask...? Because then they don't have to discount the 10 bucks for those that get discounts on base plan price.  They don't discount add-ons

Funny how that had no relation to the launce of 4G, (which of course most of us don't have)  as I stated before, my buddy had all this available to him before 4G was even a thought, yet didn't pay the 10 bucks till he went to the EVO 4G...

And "superior"   Really, are you serious, there is nothing remotely superior about Sprint service 3G or otherwise...Course it does say "for phones made to deliver superior wireless experience"...Pffftttt. too bad we don't have the service to match the phones.  And now the LTE waiting game.

Journeyman

Sprint has promised it will launch LTE in six markets by mid-year and cover 120 million POPs by the end of the year. By the end of 2013, Sprint expects to have a significant portion of its 3G network covered with LTE.

Posted 2 days ago http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/240000101

"Significant portion"...Hmmm. 

Journeyman

Whoo Hooo...Looks like they've got plenty of coverage so far in the Providence, RI area with more to come. I hadn't even looked into this, and was afraid that I'd be back in the "pay $10 more a month, even though there's no coverage yet" boat like when I bought into the 4G plan two years ago. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.