cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

what a crock dont these cities have wimax already what about all the towns and cities your sales people lied to and ripped off i was told we would have 4g over a year ago so instead of launching lte in places that have been waiting your gonna upgrade the cities that already have 4g thanks for another slap in the face

Journeyman

While out to dinner last night my mom was trying to show me a YouTube video on her Moto Razr which is on the Verizon network. I hadn't realized that the phone had 4G LTE until I saw the indicator lit in the notification bar. It could have been that we were in a God awful coverage location, AND I didn't pull out my EVO 4G to compare...but I wasn't super impressed with the download speed at all. But...Like I said...I didn't take the time to compare her Verizon LTE coverage to the existing Sprint 4G. I was however impress that her Razr had LTE, and I'm glad it did because it was the phone I recommended if she was staying with that carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lorddusto, I am with you, but alias we don't own Sprint. So far, there really has been no straight and clear answer as to the Network Vision, regarding LTE coverage or activation. It seems that Sprint has taken the attitude of that it's customers should consider themselves lucky to be getting anything better than 3G.

Kinolau, Verizon has had LTE for a few years now, supposedly Sprint didn't choose this option over WiMax because of cost, at least according to the forums. There have been some negatives and positive comments about Verizon's LTE network, though you don't see hardly any advertising for it until Sprint started taking an interest in LTE. I think, and I am not totally sure, the LTE you saw last night may have been the 3G LTE, if such a network exists. Though I haven't aggressively looked into the pros/cons of LTE, but from what little I have read, they cancel each other out.

Journeyman

Don't get too upset, supposedly I have 4 g service but it never stays working, the only thing on Sprint you can count on is the 3 g

Journeyman

USAFARFF...I was back in the same area today with my mom but with my EVO 4G in hand. I know that I can see a difference in coverage from one end of a street to another with Sprint, and believe that I can probably expect the same from any other carrier as well. Mom's Razr only indicates 4G LTE so I don't know anything about whether there's such a thing as 3G LTE. But I do know that the Sprint 3G coverage downloaded the video I was trying to watch last night on moms phone, pretty much in only a couple of seconds and ran without a stutter  on my EVO 4G. Again...a view yards can make a huge difference in coverage/quality. Honestly...I still haven't read what the difference is in 4G/WiMax/4G LTE connectivity. If the new phone works more often than it doesn't...that's really all I care about. The video I was DL'ing is below...

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

Journeyman

Kinolau, unfortunately I don't get 4G WiMax, from what little I have read, LTE is supposed to be faster and more stable than WiMax. I have seen WiMax whenever I go to my in-laws. Depending upon where they are in relation to the closest tower, I can say, I see on average 2 semi circles for the 4G network, yet if it rains, the signal decreases drastically to the point I no longer pick up the signal. I plan to look into the LTE network alittle more, and seeing how Verizon has more experience with that, I might see what comes up in a google search for generic forums. I don't think there is much difference between Verizon's LTE and what Sprint plans to put into service.

GrandMaster

kinolau wrote:

Mom's Razr only indicates 4G LTE so I don't know anything about whether there's such a thing as 3G LTE.

Honestly...I still haven't read what the difference is in 4G/WiMax/4G LTE connectivity. If the new phone works more often than it doesn't...that's really all I care about. The video I was DL'ing is below...

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

sprint will at some point have 3G LTE capabilities...but currently it does not. as for 4G Wimax and 4G LTE. the current 4G that is available is wimax...the one theyre setting up and deploying is 4G LTE. which is faster and has a stronger signal. once it gets into explaining the differences between 3G evdo and the like...it becomes a headache lol..so this was boiled down as much as possible

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Uh oh Sprint...you better get hopping with that 4G LTE network....

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-lighting-28-new-4g-lte-markets-expanding-11-more-may-17

Verizon's 4G LTE Markets/Coverage Map.

verion_4g_lte_0.jpg.

GrandMaster

if you look into it a lil deeper you'll find that verizons ACTUAL 4G LTE coverage isnt quite that impressive..their map is slightly off lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

if you look into it a lil deeper you'll find that verizons ACTUAL 4G LTE coverage isnt quite that impressive..their map is slightly off lol

Lol fireguy.  Details detaile....Lol.   But VZW has it, and the phones to use on it,  and Srpint does NOT....Lol, and won't for some time.They have the phones but not the network to support it.  And they (Sprint) won't even come back to this thread and respond to my last 3 posts?  Pfffttt.  I am considering VZW more and more each day, each day that we as paying consumers get NO solid information, info that is not lies and probagand and empty promises.

GrandMaster

true...some are able to wait for sprint to get this up and going...others might not..the way i look at it is once they ARE fully up and going they will be ahead of the game. the towers theyre upgrading will be ready to deploy the 800 LTE where the others will then be the ones playing catch up. i considered verizon a long while back but they dont get the greatest of reception and data in my area...which is funny since per their map their phones should levitate and do everything by itself using mind control... on a good day i can do a speed test right next to a couple verizon phones and usually hold my own against them..which for verizons quick speeds...is a bit sad lol

Journeyman

have you seen their latest update for july?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.