cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Master

Re: SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Yep, Round 1 goes live on July 15th. We should see Round 2 a month or so after that assuming Round 1 goes pretty well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

Yeah, only the yellow/green dots represent LTE the rest of that is 3G coverage.  Still very impressive but not as impressive as if the entire red areas were LTE.  Besides, Verizon is too expensive.  I'll wait for 15 July to see how Atlanta does.  If It goes well I'll consider a new LTE phone.  I'm just hoping the EVO LTE and SGS3 do well in Atlanta and the signal issues go away once the towers are activated. 

Still a bit concerned about Apple getting that injunction against Samsung for the Galaxy Nexus and Tab 10.1  Let's hope that gets overturned on appeal because you'll have a ton of angry customers if that continues of expands to cover other OEMs like HTC. 

Cheers,

Master

BTW, heres the current map for the Houston area. Currently LTE is only available while your driving the freeways. 

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage.png

J/K folks, the hwy is the same color as the LTE area will be. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

now with the updated list atlanta, houston, dallas, kanasas city, and san antonio will be the only cities getting it first.  i'm upset they bumped baltimore off the list.  that's the only reason i picked up the new evo.  i could've waited and actually got to use some 4g.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least you have 4G something, the rest of us in the 80% of the country that do not, will never see the 4G LTE, this of course is based on the Sprint's press release in regards to the 4G LTE network.

Wizard

My understanding is that LTE will be deployed as part of Network Vision and will be deployed in almost every location 3G currently exists. 

Cheers,

GrandMaster

mind posting a link to that press release? as panzer said its supposed to cover just about all the areas that currently have 3G.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

That's the way I understand it as well.

--

Journeyman

Here is one link, I am still looking for the link that specifically stated that the only areas that would get the 4G LTE network coverage would be the current 4G WiMax areas and high tourist areas. If my memory serves me correctly that link was posted by someone else in one of these forums along with the the map depicting the Sprint 4G LTE coverage.

newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2157.

This topic as been some what a hot topic of discussion amongst Sprint customers, mostly those, such as myself, that do not reside in an area with 4G anything. Most of us were deceived by Sprint to believe that the 4G WiMax was going to be available everywhere, and were informed with the famous statement of "It will be deployed in your area in 2010, 2011, 2012, NEVER". As of right now, as I am sure with some other customers, seeing is believeing. Seeing how Sprint and Verizon share the same towers, as stated by Sprint a few years back, it would only seem that Sprint's 4G LTE coverage will mirror that of Verizon's, which based on a previously posted link above, isn't nationwide either. Even if Sprint were to deploy 4G coverage beyond that of Verizon's, it will take longer than by the end of 2013. When questions are raised about this coverage, you don't see any Sprint Reps responding to these questions in the forums, but they sure will be helpful when it comes to devices.

Wizard

Sprint is reworking their entire network, combining the functionality of their 3 separate networks at the tower level.  Where there was once iDEN, CDMA & WiMax there will be a single unified tower technology in a much smaller footprint while providing enhanced CDMA, LTE and Sprint Direct Connect.  I have a PDF from Sprint that shows the methods and ultimate reach of Network Vision but it's 2.4mb.  I don't think I can post that here. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

I got a question actually a lot of questions but I still have to search this forums for the right post to post it in. But my post for this thread is I like in Saint Louis, Missouri so when LTE turn on in Kansas City will that be for every city in Missouri ?

Journeyman

kinda hard to understand your post.  but if it's turned on for KC, then it will be only for the KC area and what ever surrounding area can catch the signal.  a cell tower doesn't exactly cover thousands of square miles.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.