cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINT LTE Network Coverage

Do we know if sprint has any plans to expand the LTE network coverage ? And is there any time line?

If I sign 2 yr contract and get this HTC EVO 4g LTE and sprint can't bring in the LTE n/w coverage in

my area (Central Virginia) in 2 yrs, it would be waste of my money.. right ?

Or am I missing something here ?

174 REPLIES 174
Highlighted
GrandMaster

that market area would affect me half a hour away in the next county?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont know if I would count on that logic for a time frame as we dont know if they took the first pic the day they started working on it and the last pic the day they finished.(If its the same site)

Highlighted
GrandMaster

dunno...personally i found it to be funny that everything was nice and fancy with the new set up...and all the vegitation was back up and kicking again...maybe the power of LTE and sprint brought it all back to life? 😮

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

mle1234,

I will be more than happy to assist in your request. The tower that services that area is not 4G LTE enabled at this time. However, Chicago has started Network Vision and still has towers to complete the upgrades on. It looks like the current 4G LTE upgrades have been made west of O'Hare airport, but LTE has not been deployed for services at this time. Have you updated your software and made sure that the Network mode is on CDMA only at this time? Has HTC advised as to when they were going to provide you the update?

Markie_B

mle1234 wrote:

Markie_B, hate to add another request to your list, but service techs referred me to the Sprint network site which dud not answer my questions.  I live in the Chicago area (Evanston, I'll, zip 60201 on Church near Ridge).  I haw had problems with the EVO LTE ever since I got it.  Some if the problems are related to tower work.  (does that mean we're getting LTE soon?).  Never had a problem with the EVO 3d and other family members with old EVO 4gs have no problems.  But I have not been able to receive calls at my home most of the time since I got the LTE phone in early July.  I could make outgoing calls.  Any info for my are?

Also, I have mentioned here problems with email format (and some email settings items are missing from the menu on my phone).  Apparently no one on the forum has problems with email not fitting the screen.  I have talked with HTC and am waiting for someone from Escalations to provide a special update for my phone.  Let me know if anyone is interested and I will post results.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, Markie_B.  Yes I made sure I was on CDMA only.  HTC sais Escalations would contact me soon.  I It's been 3 days so I expected to hear from them by now.  I tried to back up my phone to the pc in preparation, but the manual instructions are misleading.

Highlighted
Wizard

mle1234,

Do you have Google voice on your phone are integrated with your Sprint phone number? I am tracking a possible issue related to this exact issue.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue with Google voice on my photon and on the evo lte. I had my number un integrated then about a month later I integrated again. I haven't had anymore problems since then.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd never used Google Voice (don't even know what it is).  So if it's something I have to integrate, then I don't have it.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

my wife's EVO LTE not getting LTE service in our part of san antonio. cross streets huebner and apple green in the apple creek subdivision. my wife is on sprint (i couldn't wait and left to AT&T for LTE and the Galaxy Note).  i was considering coming back once LTE launched, but this rollout is silly. as a former mgr for best buy mobile i can tell you when verizon and AT&T launched LTE, it covered darn near the entire city from jump... not splotchy all over the city. we are regretting getting this phone at launch as the data speeds are so slow it makes her want to go back to the original EVO. seriously contemplating selling phone back to best buy (buy back program) and getting a GS3 on AT&T. unlimited data means nothing when it is coming at .3 Mb/s...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

fredd0 wrote:

my wife's EVO LTE not getting LTE service in our part of san antonio. cross streets huebner and apple green in the apple creek subdivision. my wife is on sprint (i couldn't wait and left to AT&T for LTE and the Galaxy Note).  i was considering coming back once LTE launched, but this rollout is silly. as a former mgr for best buy mobile i can tell you when verizon and AT&T launched LTE, it covered darn near the entire city from jump... not splotchy all over the city. we are regretting getting this phone at launch as the data speeds are so slow it makes her want to go back to the original EVO. seriously contemplating selling phone back to best buy (buy back program) and getting a GS3 on AT&T. unlimited data means nothing when it is coming at .3 Mb/s...

As a former mgr of Best Buy, you probably also remember all the problems they had as well when they first rolled it out. Sprint may not have rolled it out as heavily to start with, but they did roll it out and by all reports, haven't had near the issues the others did when they rolled it out.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally heard back from HTC Escalations Dept on Sunday.  I assumed they were like advanced techs, but seemed to be the stock answers dept.  In answer to why the menu items to format email (plain versus HTML) were missing from my phone, the tech said some servers do not support that option, so they are missing.  There was nothing about this in the manual and as my email is Google and Yahoo, I would think these would be supported.

The second (I thought related, but tech said separate) issue was that mail did not fit the screen.  Is too wide and can't be pinched.  I expected the "text reflow" that they tout for the Internet.  Occasionally, an emai (such as from this site) will open small enough to fit.  Usually they then expand to larger font that doesn't wrap properly.  Though the tech could replicate my problem, he could not solve it and offered no help whatsoever.  What a disappointment. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.