cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service deterioration

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service deterioration

My Sprint service has deteriorated this year. I use an htc evo 4g throughout VA and DC. Problems started around the time I saw a lot of Sprint ads about being the only remaining unlimited data provider that didn't charge extra or slow down service, February, maybe? I'd like to find out what the problem is and fix it.

1) Maps always takes 15-30 seconds to find my location - previously was almost instantaneous, certainly took less than a couple seconds.

2) Internet access is VERY SLOW - previously was perfectly adequate

3) 3g icon routinely goes dark, indicating no 3g, even in the middle of Washington, DC

The maps problem does NOT appear to be location specific. The location identification is consistently SLOW in Charlottesville, Washington DC, Richmond, VA Beach, Alexandria, and Arlington.

I mostly use internet (or used to, now it's not worth trying) at zip code 22968 (SR 29 x SR 33).

Can anyone tell me what might cause these problems and what I should do for testing/fixing?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Service deterioration

I live in metro dc and haven't faced your issues...so, i'm sorry.  you might try to update your prl.  That sometimes can help with your speed and connectivity.  Also, remember Sprint just added a ton of iPhones to the network and I have noticed my speeds drop by half because of it.  Regardless, try the prl update first.  good luck.

Journeyman

I have updated prl and will check for improvement at my locations over the next few days. It could be a coincidence, but maps just found my location (near the Verizon Center, Washington DC) in about 10-12 seconds after the prl update, which is much better than the 15-30 I've been experiencing.

Thanks!

Wizard

No problem!! 

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues in RI. Lots of dropped calls, calls that never even go through and text errors. Absolutely horrible!!

Journeyman

I'm in RI too.  My phone is always roaming or searching for signal.  I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and never had signal problems.  Since this spring the service has been terrible.  I have 3 phones on the plan so I know it's not just the phone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.