cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service in Hobbs, NM - 88240 is STILL horrible (shocking, right?)

Highlighted

Service in Hobbs, NM - 88240 is STILL horrible (shocking, right?)

I'm losing track of how many discussions I've had with Sprint employees at various levels about the service here.  It's absolutely horrid.  I can't remember the last time my iPhone 4S actually had the "3G" in the corner and it was actually decent speeds.  Phone calls are full of static and/or drop.  Calls are missed that never ring the handset, voicemail arrives 30min to 4 hours LATER.  Texts don't go thru, even over a WiFi connection.  Picture mail doesn't work.  Nothing about the service actually works the way my contract says it will.

Several hundred people even went so far as to file a complaint with the State PRC....and we all heard the same thing: "we're working on upgrades that will improve the service"   That was somewhere around 5 months ago, and shockingly, no one knows when the upgrades will be completed.  Pretty sure if I told my customers I could get them something to improve their business or their service, I'd damn sure have a date of completion.  But instead, no one at Sprint seems to care that there are thousands of us who can't even get 3G speeds consistently, because they're too focused on rolling out 4G service to the "major" areas. 

The service just keeps getting worse and worse as the days go on, and there's no communication from anyone about what the problem is or when it will be fixed.  I've just about had it with the lies and the deception.  Either tell me when the "upgrades" will happen, or let me out of my contract with no penalty.  And I can promise, there are people in Hobbs, Lovington, Carlsbad, Roswell, Artesia, etc that will want the same thing.  We may not be a major market, but when an entire corner of the state, like 4-5 counties worth of people complain, surely someone somewhere best be listening.

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: Service in Hobbs, NM - 88240 is STILL horrible (shocking, right?)

I apologize for the issue. I checked your coverage and there are 2 single cell site reported issue at your location, engineers have been notified and are working to restore the service ASAP.ETR 08/08/2012 17:45:19 CST.Your update request has been submitted Thank you.

Single Cellsite 9373426 At 2012/07/31 21:31:15 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Albuquerque : Non-MSA Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) . 07/31/2012 16:31:00 CST 3 08/08/2012 17:45:19 CST 08/03/2012 17:51:45 CST DA11AL356 Hobbs NM 88240
Single Cellsite 9258074At 2012/07/13 22:19:46 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Albuquerque : Non-MSA Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) trunk-1 down 07/13/2012 17:19:00 CST 3 07/26/2012 13:13:00 CST 07/22/2012 09:12:00 CST DA11AL356 Hobbs NM 88240

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

I'm in Hobbs  (zip 88240) as well. I've been a Sprint customer since 2000. I have 4 phones with them now and I'm going to be adding another line soon. The service has been horrible for months now. I called customer service and they mentioned that the issues you mention will be fixed by 8/8/12, but it could take another 6 months to upgrade all the towers here to get to full service. They connected me to Sprint Account Services and he offered me a $5.00 a month discount ... I have one iphone that, basically, doesn't work at all (Apple and Sprint say its a Sprint problem) and three other phones that work about half the time. So I'm supposed to pay full price (minus the $5.00 monthly discount) for a fraction of the service. Not gonna happen. Unless something happens very quickly or I'm compensated for the lack of services, I'm dropping Sprint.

Can someone intelligent give us an update on what's going on?  Called and no one at Customer Service has any idea on what's going on, status, timeframe...nothing.  According to this, there's been an issue since 7/13 and it still isn't fixed?  I would like someone with some sort of first hand knowledge about the status of these issues to let me and everyone else in this area who has raised concerns to let us know what's going on.  Not speculation, not a guess, I want factual answers.  For a customer who's going on almost 13 years with Sprint, who has 4 lines currently, and who has raised issue after issue for over a YEAR, I don't think that's asking too much.  Maybe Sprint needs to get their network stable in EVERY part of their coverage area before they worry about rolling out 4G LTE service....

Master

I am sorry about the outage  we are working to restore service this last update the technicians sent through on this issue was 8/7 with an etr of  8/8.  This tower is still out of service.  I have requested updated information for this outage.  When I get an update I will post the information. 

Master

Current etr for this issue is  08/11/2012 17:45:00 cst

This is as of 11:30am this morning.  Outside, near 2121 West County Rd in Hobbs.  Still no 3G, and with speeds like that, I could send something pony express and have it get there faster.  I'm guessing still not fixed? Or is this as good as it will ever be?

IMG_0421.PNG

I'm guessing by the silence from Sprint that this is about as wonderful a service as I can expect.  Here it is nearly a week after the issue was "allegedly" fixed, and the speed and service is as bad if not worse.  I did another test using SpeedTest this morning and the result came back with a ZERO on both upload and download speed.  ZERO.  ZIP.  NADA.   I want an answer from someone who can justify me being charged what I am per month and getting service that is this bad?  I have spent over a year fighting this battle and it's just getting worse, not better. 

ANYONE FROM SPRINT CARE TO COMMENT ON HOW THIS IS GOING TO BE HANDLED?

Master

Hello.  We are aware of these issues and have made plans to alleviate the capacity issues for Hobbs, NM.  There are 4 towers that service this town.  All have upgrades approved and scheduled for the next 6 months.  I understand this may not be ideal, but over half of these upgrades are either under way now, or scheduled for tentative completion in September.  The smallest majority of these upgrades may not occur until the end of the year.  Network Upgrades can be viewed at the link provided.  If you pan North, you'll see the 4th tower for Hobbs, NM, near W College Lane.  You will also see 13 upgrades for these 4 towers. 

I can assure you, faster 3G speeds, better connectivity during peak hours, and clearer call quality is the goal.  Investments have been made for your town, and service WILL improve. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience, 

Sincerely,

Tom

I've been hearing the same thing for the past year....upgrades are always occurring and will be completed "within 30 days", or "over the next 6 months".   I guess my math must be horrible, because that'll be almost 18 months.....how exactly does that equate to 6?  It's more of the same runaround.....pretty horrible way to treat a customer of 12 years and the thousands of other customers in this area.  Maybe my next payment will be "over the next 6 months", although I'm sure that may not be "ideal" for Sprint.....funny how your poor service and breach of contract with what I'm supposed to receive isn't ideal, but I'm just supposed to live with it.

Sprint, you're on the verge of losing a 12-year customer.  Do you even care?

Journeyman

If the Sprint reps on these many threads were to do the right thing just one time, it would be to tell us all how to get out of our supposed "contracts" because the service we have been paying for in Hobbs DOES NOT WORK.   I have been struggling with it for well over a year, last December they sent an AirRave because there is no service AT MY HOUSE and that is not outlying it is in the middle of town!   Finally in late July I had enough and told Sprint to come get their stuff I AM DONE.    Now they expect me to pay the "early termination fee and that is absolute 100% unadulterated BULLCRAP.   I told them if they want another nickel they will have to SUE ME.   They wont do that because they would LOSE, they did NOT provide the service for which they were billing me by ANY REASONABLE MEASURE.   Meanwhile I am not paying and when/if a negative shows up on my credit report I intend to dispute it as FRAUDULENT because that is EXACTLY what it is.   The FACT is Sprint lost a big contract in the area and they answered it by cutting expenses (our access to towers).   That's why the service sucks here and anything else anyone tells you about the situation here, omittting that,  is less than the truth.    SPRINT OWES US a free out because they are NOT DELIVERING it is as SIMPLE AS THAT.

Journeyman

Still having horrible/no service in Hobbs. Have filed a complaint with the BBB and FCC, am told that's the only way they listen and will let you out of your contract. Please follow suit and show Sprint, we have other options. It's now the end of the year and no of the supposed improvements promised earlier in this thread have been completed.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.