cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues in Horsham/Montgomery Cty, PA?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service issues in Horsham/Montgomery Cty, PA?

In the past week or so, my husband and I have been having a lot of problems with service.  We already have an Air Rave...sounds like calls are connecting to it, but the call either will not go through or will be poor quality (mostly experienced as a delay).  Obviously we've done the expected such as restarting phones, etc.  I realize this might be Sandy-related, but wondering if others are having similiar problems and when we can expect a solution.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Service issues in Horsham/Montgomery Cty, PA?

I am sorry you are having issues with your service. I understand you have an airave? When you make and receive calls, do you hear the beeps at the beginning? When you dial *99 and call or talk, do you hear a message "you are within airave coverage"?

Also if you were affected by the hurricane, the towers still may be having issues.

If you want, you can send me a private message with your mac id of your airave andI will be glad to see if it is communicating with our network.

You may also run a VOIP test on your laptop or PC. Go to www.voiptest.packet8.net and run a test and see what results you get with the jitter, download and upload speed, packet lost and QoS. These are what the rssults should be within for the airave to work properly.

Sprint Airave devices require
Download speed: 1mbps or higher
Upload speed:  350kbps or higher
Quality of Service: 80% or higher (QOS under 80% can cause static, on the line, breaking up, and echoes)
Jitter: 5ms or LESS (Jitter above 5ms can cause static, on the line, breaking up, and echoes)
Packet loss: 0

If the Test results do not meet these minimum requirements, you will need to contact your ISP.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, we are connecting with the airave and it is online.  Is there a way to check the status of local towers?

Highlighted

I will be glad to check the towers. Can I get some cross streets or a business address such as a convenience store or restaurant close by including the city, state and zipcode.

Thanks,

Ray

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.