cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues in Madison, WI (53703)

Highlighted

Within the past week or so I have noticed that I get 0-2 bars of coverage in downtown Madison, WI.  I used to be getting full bars (it is in the "Best" coverage zone according to Sprint) and now I can't even keep a phone call going for more than a minute before it drops the call.  I am using an HTC Evo and I get good coverage when I am at my parent's house with an Airave I get fine coverage.

Another strange thing is that when I receive text messages they are usually not at the correct time, which results in a very inaccurate thread of text messages in the text messaging app.  I believe this all started about 2 weeks ago when my phone began displaying a time that was 20 minutes off the actual time.

Can anyone help out?  I saw someone else post that they lived or worked in Madison and commuted from Waukesha and was also experiencing poor coverage in Madison. I'd consider myself pretty good with technology, I have updated the PRL/Profile and updated to Android 2.3, but I have no idea what else to do.

28 REPLIES 28
Wizard

I do show there is an outtage in your zip code which can be causing these issues. The ticket has been open since 6/08 and they are still working on resolving.  I am going to PM you with some additional information.

Journeyman

I had the same problem, my signal has gone to 0 in a large portion of the downtown Madison area.  It does work around any other part of town.  I'm guessing the bad time stamp on your texts are from your poor signal.  Whenever my phone is roaming with a really really low signal, the time stamps are off by hours.

Was there any valuable info from Sprint?  This is getting pretty obnoxious, I often can't receive phone calls at home...

Yes, it turns out the tower that is experiencing an outage is on Blount street.  I live on Hancock street so this is likely my problem.  Are you near there too?

Wizard

The ticket has been open since 6/08 and they are still working on resolving, i have requested an etr for this area i will updated once inforamtion is recieved.

Journeyman

I live in the southwest Madison area, and we have not had cell reception since September.  Sprint has not fixed the poor reception in our area, we are in a dead zone, but Sprint claims it is a "best" reception area.  Will be switching carriers next month.

Wizard

ncraig09  We estimate a time to repair to be 06/30/2011 03:01:00 CST .Hope this helps..

Thanks, I will be in Milwaukee then but will be back the next day.  I haven't been able to keep a phone call going longer than 45 seconds, hopefully that changes lol

Journeyman

Speeds all over Madison have been garbage.  I average 40 bits per second whether at the airport, Monona, Fitchburg, or the west side.  It's been like this since I signed up in April.

I'll be looking at alternate cell providors soon. 

Wizard

EVANDENA1 wasnt sure if you seen my post about Madison, WI We estimate a time to repair to be 06/30/2011 03:01:00 CST .Hope this helps

Journeyman

Where are you getting the June 30, 2011 date?

I talked with Escalations last night about the Madison, WI issue and they informed me that the engineer checked things and said the data speeds were average, so they closed the ticket.  I told them to re-open the ticket because according to the EVDO standard, a 56 kilobits/second connection is NOT average...that is actually worse than a CDMA2000 connection.  C'mon Sprint.

I'll give Sprint another chance with this re-opened ticket, but if I don't see results or admission of an issue they cannot fix, then I will be taking my business to a different provider as well.

Wizard

@r5072615557 if you would like to private message me your ticket number I would be glad to check on it for you. The date I gave you is for the zip code of 53703 which we had open the alert around 2011/06/08, this date is the etr at this time.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.