cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage in Chicago, IL 60657 ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service outage in Chicago, IL 60657 ?

I'm located in the Chicago, IL 60657 area and since my voice and 3G data services are dead, I'm assuming there is a service outage in my area.  I noticed the problem last night (Nov. 7) and it's still down as I write this message.  Is anyone else in this area having similar problems?

My EVO 4G is functioning okay, since it works fine when I'm away from the affected area, so it has to be a network problem.  I tried calling Sprint customer service from another phone about 2 hrs. ago and was placed on hold for over an hour.  I couldn't stay on hold any longer so I had to hang-up.  I won't be able to call back until later tonight, so If any Sprint service reps are reading this message, please check into this problem and post a reply.

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having a service interuption in Chicago 60622

Highlighted
Master

MARYTFOX123-Yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience. There is a cell site down and engineers are working on the issue.ETR 11/12.

Single Cellsite 8290349 At 2011/11/11 18:06:20 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Chicago : Chicago Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) . 11/11/2011 12:06:00 CST 3 11/12/2011 12:18:28 CST 11/11/2011 12:23:43 CST CH03XC088 Chicago IL 60647
Highlighted
Journeyman

This outage is MUCH more severe than just a single cell site.

I have NO 3G and NO VOICE services in the 60651 area new North and Kedzie.

I had NO SERVICE throughout most of Chicago on Tuesday afternoon.  Beginning about 13.00 hours, all incoming calls go directly to voice mail and I cannot make outgoing calls. 

I cannot use the data services.

I called Sprint customer service and they said they were aware of the outage and they they were working on it, but had no timetable for a repair.

SPRINT: YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE BOTH OF MY BUSINESS CELL PHONES ARE DOWN AND I AM OUT OF BUSINESS WITHOUT HAVING TO CHECK MY VOICE MAIL EVERY HOUR.

Highlighted

It does like like we still have this outage open. It looks like there is a known capacity issue and we are aware of this and currently working on this issue but is taking some time to resolve.

Capacity EVDO,Capacity Voice,EVDO Connection,Text Messaging,Voice 11000 CHICAGO MARKET. Known capacity issue could cause customers to experience blocked calls, delayed messaging and slow data.  12/06/2011 05:00:00 CST N/A 02/24/2012 13:29:48 CST 6021 N/A N/A N/A,60601 N/A N/A N/A,60602 N/A N/A N/A,60603 N/A N/A N/A,60604 N/A N/A N/A,60605 N/A N/A N/A,60606 N/A N/A N/A, More..
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having major issues in Naperville at 60564.  They say there is a ticket open to to fix.  Not buying it.  I went to the Sprint Store on RT 59.  They indicated that at least 20 to 30 Customers have come in to complain.  I can't make calls, receive calls.  If I do try and make a call I get a recorded message asking if I would like to make a collect call or credit card call.  When is Sprint going to fix their issues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I posted about this also, I live in the Humboldt Park area and as soon as I pull up to my home, my network goes out. The rep I talked to yesterday evening said that the outage was scheduled to be over this afternoon and my phone should be back up by this evening. Since the only way I can check on that is once I get home, I will post back if it has been resolved. I am most likely going to leave Sprint over this issue. How is it the one place I use my phone the most, is the one place it doesn't work at all? I have been a Sprint customer since 2001, it's a shame service continues to get worse rather than better.

Highlighted

TJM11, thank you for your post. I did locate an open network outage that would be affecting your zip code. I assure you engineers are engaged to get a resolution and expect to have everything back up by 3/24/12 around 12:30pm CST. If you need to reference the ticket number it is 8808664. I apologize for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spring service is STILL OUT, after THREE DAYS, in West Humboldt Park - the 60651 zip code area.

Spoke to Sprint reps on the phone three times now and they have had me reset phone, reset profile, and keep telling me there is a "tower issue in the area we hope to have resolved by tomorrow night."

I cannot make or receive calls at all at home or in my office.

I cannot receive text messages at all at home or in my office.

I can make calls in SOME areas of Chicago.  In many areas I go into roaming because there are no Sprint services available.

I have now contacted the FCC and the office of the Attorney General of Illinois and they have asked me to keep detailed notes and report back to them on any future communications regarding this issue.  I have also been asked to notify them when the service is restored as they are interested in monitoring this situation in the Chicago area.

If anyone would like me to add their phone number to my open complaint, please contact me via private message and I will be glad to do so.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in the Chicago 60651 area code also. Spoke to tech support this morning and they told me the outage could last until September!!!! I've filed a complaint with the BBB, but if I don't get service back by Wed (that will have given them a full week to resolve this issue), I will force them to let me out my contract penalty free. This was my 4th call to Sprint and everytime it's been a different story. I inquired why customers were not notified of the pending issues (ticket #11000 has been open since Dec 2011) and why they expect for me to pay for services I'm not receiving. I was told that if the service was not restored by SEPT I would be credited. I'm sorry, but are people REALLY expected to go six months and hope??? that service is restored by then, COME ON SPRINT!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint is a special case

Highlighted
Journeyman

My zip code is 60511, HOWEVER, I work in Elk Grove Village with a zip of 60007.  I take I-88 and I-355 to get to work and service is absolutely horrible.  I started a call at 2039 today, dropped the call 7 times in 50 minutes.  It has been this way for probably the past two weeks.  Major towns on the route, Aurora, Naperville, Downers Grove, Addison etc.

Are we close to resolution?  It seems pretty widespread because I haven't talked to a sprint customer yet who isn't complaining.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All, I am in 60564.  It appears that they fixed the recorded message but now I can't hold a phone call.  In one 10 minute call it dropped nearly 7 times.  When is Sprint going to fix the capacity issue?  Like most people, I live and die by my cell phone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.