cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal/Network/Service Down in Miami, FL 33184

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since Tuesday, March 29th, my home area of zipcode 33184 has had little to no signal. It comes in and out, sometimes my phone roams. I have a blackberry bold 9650. I can't call out or receive calls, can't check voicemail, get texts or emails. I connected my wifi and I am able to use bbm and facebook sometimes. My signal is either 1xev (in lower case), or 1x or just an x for no service. Normally I had 1XEV (caps) for full signal. When I leave the area, then I get my signal back. I updated my PRL. But as soon as I get back home, the signal goes down. I also have a LG Rumor Touch that does not have signal here either. I've never had any signal issues before. I've had sprint for 7 years and prior to that, I had nextel. Are the towers being fixed in this area? Will there be improvement anytime soon? Is there anything else I can do to get it to work? Does the Sprint Airwave help? What about other cell phone signal boosters? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I am in area code 92308 and have the same problem!  I was about 50 miles out of my area yesterday and it didn't help.  I can make a call but no internet, text, etc.  I have had my Blackberry Curve for abt 3 years with no issues....does anyone know what's up???!  Thanks!

Re: Signal/Network/Service Down in Miami, FL 33184

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with voice and data and text. I just want to let you know that we are aware of this issue and we are currently working hard in getting the towers up and operational. 

Journeyman

hello, I ve had the same issue... Im currently in FIU (Florida International University at 33194) and no service at all for calls, no 3G and obviously no 4G. My evo just does not work as soon as i enter FIU. THe problem is that it has ben going on for a week already. Its vey stressfull because im trying to call my familly stranded in a war thorn country. I called custmer service exactly a week ago and they told me it should be fixed within a day or 2. It has been 7 days.... I don want to be the buzz killer but really its getting on my nerves. Any dates?

Thanks

Journeyman

I heard it would be May/June that it would be completely fixed

Journeyman

Well I just started having this problem on my EVO yesterday. Only when I am in one place in Tallahassee, FL does it do this. The area code here is 32308. I can text somewhat but no calls come thru at all and the data goes in and out and is constantly roaming. What's going on? I've even called in about this and there is nothing that they could do.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.