cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal going in and out in 86333

Journeyman

Signal going in and out in 86333

I have been having a signal issue for about two weeks in 86333. Signal stays in EV for 1.5 to 2 hours then drops to 1X for about 15 20 minutes. I have done two chats and an hour this morning on the phone resetting my card. Was told there was an issue repaired on 04/04. Still having the same issue with the signal. I can watch it my phone (HTC Arrive). Asked to have another ticket put into check. The tower is within site of my home on I-17. When it's up it's great, not sure if there is another issue on the tower, but I hope someone can check it out!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Signal going in and out in 86333

Kramred1, can you provide me with your nearest cross streets to the location you are having this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi! Thanks for answering my question! My cross streets are Trails End Rd and Hummingbird Lane!

Highlighted

KRAMRED1, I looked in to the issue you are experiencing and was not able to locate any issues with the tower in your area. I do show that with in a 5 mile radius there is only 1 tower. That tower is operating with in acceptable levels since 4/4. Since the issue is only on your data card and your phone is fine you may want to take your device to a sprint store to have it looked at by a service technician.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's not correct! I'm having the issue on two data cards (my wife has her own data card separate from this account) and I have a Virgin Mobile pre pay card has a backup. All three of the cards have the same issue. I watch the signal on both mine and my wife's phone as it drops to 1X  then comes back up. We had a storm about two weeks ago and I suspect something may have happend on the tower during the storm. Right now as I'm answering you the signal is awesome no problem, but then like clockwork it will drop. I spent an hour on the phone this morning reinstalling my card from scratch still goes down. Folks I pay almost $300 a month for two phones and this card, plus $20 for 500 mb on the Virgin Mobile for back up if I need it, if we can't track this down, then I'm going to be forced to Verizion which I know probably is not any better,but I haven't heard too many complaints about these kinds of signal problems!! I depend on this service as I telecommute one to two days a week and am going to school and my wife has her business based here! It's like taking your car to the mechanic, it never has a problem when the mechanic is looking at it! Both phones work great when we are in Phoeinx or if I'm in Prescott! So maybe it's a phantom problem I don't know, but I can't afford to wait months for it to be fixed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After spending another hour on the phone yesterday with 4 different people to tell me I need to take my card into a Sprint store I have given up! The problem is what they call in the cable industry an "Intermittant  Signal Problem"! When you have a customer with 5 separate devices (2 HTC Arrive phones, 2 Sierra data cards and 1 Virgin Mobile prepaid card)having the same problem, it's not an equipment problem! I watched the signal go up and down on my wife's card and we can watch the signal meter on both of our phones! It happened while I was on the phone with the network rep!! Of course all they can see is that the area is covered and that there are no outages! Apparently they don't have the capability to monitor signal from each of their towers like a NOC is able to in the phone business! I have had my card reset twice within 24 hours and am still experienceing the signal going up and down. So my wife is going to cancel her card and we'll give Verizon a go and see if they can do any better! At least I will have a back up card on a different network, plus Verizon has 4G in Phoenix and that will be a help to her business! I guess this is the price we pay for letting us all be sucked into this "Brave New World" only  to discover that the technology doesn't quite live up to the marketing! I don't expect Verizon to be any better, but maybe they'll surprise me!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a quick update to this issue:

I got my Verizon card and have been using it since Wednesday! What a difference! Great speed and the service stays up! I went to Speed Test to just see what the difference is and here are the results the latest 2 are with the Verizon card. The most recent is with the card in my router:

4/26/11: Down: 0.77  Up: 0.54

08/05/11: Down: 0.87 Up: 0.41

03/31/12: Down: 1.41 Up: 0.56

04/13/12: Down: 2.36 Up: 0.77

04/14/12: Down: 2.26 Up: 0.79

As you can see there is a big difference! By the way Sprint is down again and has been for 3 hours now! Can't wait for August 29th and the end of my data contract to come. I will be going to Verizon! But you know there's no problem at the tower!!

44/26

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.