cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal loss while driving on elgin ohare 290/53 near elk grove / woodfield

Highlighted
Journeyman

Signal loss while driving on elgin ohare 290/53 near elk grove / woodfield

I have been noticing this for several weeks now.  I kept ignoring but it has become a big pain and since its happening consistently, I need someone at Sprint to help investigate/resolve this issue.

I have a Palm Centro, it has worked fine for me for a few years.  Any time I am driving on elgin ohare near the 290 exit, or on 290 west/53 N itself between the 290/thorndale exit and around woodfield area, I lose my signal 2- 3 times.  It didn't used to happen in the past, it seems to have started in the last month or two.  Other than these areas, my phone in general is fine.  I even checked the status/version of my software and it seems to be the latest one.

Please help in investigating/resolving this matter.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Signal loss while driving on elgin ohare 290/53 near elk grove / woodfield

Is signal going away on the device or are you dropping calls?  I do see that given the route you are traveling  there is a handoff between a Network vision and tower and an older legacy  tower.  This handoff may not be competing correctly which would cause a dropped call  This in the the area of elgin ohare  and the thorndale exit .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Signal loss while driving on elgin ohare 290/53 near elk grove / woodfield

Hi,  I am not sure if I fully understand the difference, but I would have to say its both.

In essence:

a) call is lost for sure

b) I notice i may not have signal bars for brief moment and they start to come back, so i call the person back, then 2 min later when i have driven a mile more going south on 53/290 toward elgin ohare exit, the same thing would happen again.

It seems to have around 2 - 3 times, when going south on 53/290 and taking elgin ohare, starting somewhere right around woodfield area and the last time usually once i'm on elgin ohare.

do you know whether one or more of these towers are "new" in this area, or have had some major maintenance/upgrade performed on them in the last month or two?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.