cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal problems in 66071 with iPhones 4S dropping/not receiving calls

Journeyman

Signal problems in 66071 with iPhones 4S dropping/not receiving calls

My iphone 4S is constantly switching towers. It goes from Extended (best 3 bars) to Sprint 3G (1 bar) to Spring (1 bar). When it's not on extended my service is shotty and usually don't bother to answer my phone because it will either drop the call or the person calling won't be able to hear me on the other end. How do I keep my iPhone on the best signal rather than trying to change towers. My wifes iPhone doesn't have near the issues I have. It makes no sense. I should have kept T-mobile......

8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Signal problems in 66071 with iPhones 4S dropping/not receiving calls

Soooo, nothing?

Master

Hello and Thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to report this issue.  I've checked this zip code and although there aren't any official outages from Network Ops, I do see that the 2 primary towers that service this zip code have already been converted to Network Vision towers, however, the 2 towers to the SE of the zip code have not been converted.  What's your nearest intersection or a physical address that's near you but NOT your own? 

Also, for the iPhone 4S, have you dialed into your phone, ##873283# (##UPDATE#) and call?  This will not only update your Sprint profile but also check your firmware and PRLs. (Preferred Roaming List)

For the iPhone 4, you need to be connected to wifi for the update to complete.

Tom

Journeyman

I've done the update. Is there a way to change my preferred roaming list so I can get the best signal rather than the best service (3G/4G)? That is the point of "Network Vision" right?

The nearest intersection would be Cherokee ct and Cherokee ln and an address would be 811 Cherokee ct. I also spend quite a bit of time around 335th st and Plum creek rd near Osawatomie, KS which is still part of Miami county, KS. I have the same issue there as well, as long as it's on extended I can make phone calls otherwise I can plan on a dropped call. At this point I could care less about 3G, I just want signal to make phone calls.

Master

Thank you.  Let me see what I can find out.  I'll reply back momentarily. 

Tom

Master

I have sent you a private message.  What I can see from these two locations is that the first one, 811 Cherokee Lane, Paola, KS 66071 is servicing from a Network Vision tower on sector 3.  The second location, 335th st and Plum creek rd, 66064 is "outside" of Sprint coverage.  Roaming would be normal at the second location.  If you frequently travel back from and forth from these two locations, calls will drop when moving "out" of coverage.  We cannot "soft" hand-off a call to a roaming tower since the tower is another carrier's tower.  We can investigate low signal for the 66071 location as this is "inside" Sprint coverage. 

I await your response,

Tom

Journeyman

Even at the second location my phone likes to change towers constantly. It goes from Sprint o to Sprint 3G to Extended. The other carriers tower does a much better job and is the only time I'm able to make a call. I wish the vision tower on sector 3 was tore down, then maybe the phone would be forced to stay extended.

Master

I understand how you feel, however, remaiming on "extended" would mean using another carrier's tower.  We can create a Network Trouble ticket to have engineers investigate the problem.  They may be able to optimize, re-tune, or re-focus your primary tower for better results.  I will send you a template to your private messages to gather the necessary information for creating this type of ticket. 

Thank you for working with us,

Tom

Journeyman

Hi Tom,

I live in Cincinnati, OH.  Is there an update for our Iphones as well.  My daughter has and Iphone 4s and my husband has an iphone 4 and both phones have terrible reception issues.  When they call me they sound choppy when they are talking.  What can we do about this?  We didn't have these issues when we used other phones on the Sprint network.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.