cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

Highlighted
Journeyman

Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

Yesterday I was at a place I rarely ever visit. Actually, I was surprised Sprint had coverage in Rincon, since it's a tiny beach town in western Puerto Rico. My iPhone 4 had almost a full signal with 3G; however, my husband's phone, a Samsung Galaxy S II had either no signal or constantly told him he was about to go into roaming and whatnot. I was posting pictures to Facebook and sending MMS to my mom and he was stuck with a very expensive dummy phone. My brother-in-law was there too and he has an LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile and he had almost a full signal with 3G. Two very different phones connected to the same network working perfectly fine means the issue was not with Sprint.

I believe there must be some sort of issue with the Galaxy phone. I would like to know if someone else has had this same issue.

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

Hi,

Can I have the zipcode where your having these issues at?

Thank you,

----George

Highlighted
Journeyman

78245 issues here too!

Highlighted
Journeyman

00677 in Rincon, PR

Highlighted
Journeyman

45069 in cincinnati oh

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also having trouble with signal begining yesterday and continuing today.  Home (zip 91342) and office (91214). These areas are never at fully strength but I have been getting "no network" at times.

Highlighted
Journeyman

28031, 28078, 28212....  basically all of Charlotte, NC.  I travel throughout Charlotte and noticed yesterday and again today that even when i can make or receive a call, it drops within a minute.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here. 80210

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes same here in 00612 Arecibo, PR and 00610 Añasco, PR (Motorola Photon 4G (Wife) full signal and good 3g Speeds, while my SGSII E4GT No signal and awful 3G speeds) I think it has something to do with a lame wireless radion en SGSII E4GT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the past 2 days both our Epic's have had spotty service and about 2 weeks ago the same things. Keeps going in and out and the 3g light goes off. 49201. Any updates on this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trouble with horrible call quality for the past 2 days. Very broken up and delayed even though I have 4-5 bars in the 08889 area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can add 73162 and 73108 to the list.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.