Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

Journeyman

Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

Yesterday I was at a place I rarely ever visit. Actually, I was surprised Sprint had coverage in Rincon, since it's a tiny beach town in western Puerto Rico. My iPhone 4 had almost a full signal with 3G; however, my husband's phone, a Samsung Galaxy S II had either no signal or constantly told him he was about to go into roaming and whatnot. I was posting pictures to Facebook and sending MMS to my mom and he was stuck with a very expensive dummy phone. My brother-in-law was there too and he has an LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile and he had almost a full signal with 3G. Two very different phones connected to the same network working perfectly fine means the issue was not with Sprint.

I believe there must be some sort of issue with the Galaxy phone. I would like to know if someone else has had this same issue.

38 REPLIES 38
Journeyman

Add me to the list 48009... I go in roaming all the time and I'm just outside of Detroit, MI.

Journeyman

Having issues in 28217 with my Galaxy S II

Journeyman

22801 is very slow the last couple weeks on samsung s2

Journeyman

you can add zip code 54455 to the list also poor signal coverage there with the Samsung S2

Journeyman

This is my first and last time I will ever buy a Samsung phone. (Zip code 30265/30269)

I absolutely miss my EVO 4G. That was the best phone.  This paper weight I now own for a year constantly data roams. It can not even keep up with me if I drive 2 miles down the road. GPS issues.

Absolutely useless to use the Tel Nav, unless I want to get lost.

The most unreliable phone ever.  Of course if I take it in a Sprint store I am told that I am crazy, this is the second best selling phone through Sprint.

The ONLY good thing I will say about it is, when it decides it wants to work, it is fast.  Of course I have to put it on 4G and Wifi at the same time.

I had an otter box to protect it, had to take it off because it was getting so hot, it would burn my face if I tried to make a call.  So now if I do drop it, it will break and of course that will be my fault and I will have to pay for it.

I am counting down the days when I can get rid of this paper weight and find something else, even possibly moving my phone service to someone else. I am tired of being told I am crazy.

Journeyman

Same problem here in Los Angeles. They dont even know whats a 4G means, they offer service they dont have.  I bought the Samsung Galaxy SII just 17 days ago and have no network, cant not get calls 100% dropped calls all the time and no internet if I do have it is very poor.  I cant not get or send pictures, if I do it takes long time. Internet very slow. I went to the store many times I got insulted by them  they humiliated me very bad, they kicked me out from the store, they denied my rights as a consumer, they totaly discriminated me and treated me like a trash.

This companys love to charge for service we dont use. They know we need them. They are a thiefs. They stole our money infront of our own faces. The problem here is that we let them do it. We should stop buying their products and lets see whats going to happen. We have the solution in our hands but we wont do it.  Lets make them to go down.

Journeyman

I'm in the 91302 Zip Code. I had full signal for about a month, then all of a sudden four days ago my signal dropped to nothing! The only way I can get to anything is by roaming, and even that doesn't always work! I called four days ago and got a rep at *2. She said it looked like our sinal in my area was "a little weak"!  I said there is none. She said wait one more day, I will call you tomorrow.  She never called back!  Now *2 is constantly busy!!  What the heck is going on?????? My wife and I just got the Galaxy II phones a few weeks ago.  We loved them until this happened. We don't know if it's the phone or Sprint! Now we can't even get ahold of anyone at Sprint.

Journeyman

It's not just the model phone- it's Sprint's network. I gave up and moved to VZ. Now I have phone and data coverage, and even 4G speeds here in OKC.

Journeyman

Add 79119, signal coverage map indicates we should have the best signal, but we get dropped calls almost 8/10 calls!  What's up with that Sprint?!  We're paying for premium data, but yet, we are still getting dropped calls with flagship phones in what you call best coverage areas?!

Journeyman

I have been having the same issue in Memphis! Sometimes completely without service not to mention the fact that when my phone does work it constantly freezes up.

Journeyman

add 92583 to the list

Journeyman

I even went to the store I purchased the phone at for an exchange, as I believed the phone was faulty. It is not the first time I get a phone that just doesn't works. The employee was kind of enough to give me a brand-new one and it still works like that. It is certainly not the network, at least where I live and work, but the phone. Will get him an iPhone or a BlackBerry next time.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.