cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Data Speeds

Journeyman

Slow Data Speeds

I've been having issues with data services since Mon 11/19. Speeds are extremely slow and/or just timeout. Some tests that I am able to run are getting me 4kbps down and 10kbps up, but most of the time I receive a network connection issue. I believe there was some issues with the tower or towers near me and it was supposed to be fixed by now, but I believe that it is still ongoing. Closest business address is 7910 Walerga Road, Antelope, CA 95843.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Slow Data Speeds

I am showing the tower in your area are working correctly.  What device do you have?    If you move away from this area does the data connection work properly?

Journeyman

Yes. I am at work now over in a different city and things are working fine. Its just when I am back at home near the address I listed above that I have issues. I have performed PRL update and Profile Updates to my HTC EVO 4G. There was recently some type of outage when I called into Sprint on Monday at my local tower. Problems still this morning so I don't believe its fixed yet.

Master

looking at the tower nearest the address it is performing at 100% with over 15000 evdo  session in the last hour or so .  The  tower that was OOS is working a 99% with over 10000 session in the last hour.   At this point the service should be working correctly for you.  If you are still having slow data speeds if you can contact use so we can collect the information need to submit a data ticket to have the engineers take another look at the tower.  

Journeyman

Can you provide me with the address locations of the two towers you were looking at? Where is the nearest tower?

Journeyman

Still have issues at my location which is in the first post above. Seemed to be having signal issues this past weekend now as well. Data connection is pretty much non-existent most of the time. A friend of mine with a different phone (iphone 4S) came over and was having the exact same issues, so I know it is not phone related and more a tower/network issue. Originally there was a tower with an issue around 11/19 and things have been horrible since.

Journeyman

14Knight, just because I have had SO many problems for SO long can you expound a tad on what you guys see on the towers please? I am asking in earnest here, as I am beyond disgusted with my service but there is always room to learn something. I have been told plenty of times that "my towers are working great" or "cannot reproduce the problems" but no one has really explained how they are trying to reproduce the errors or the stats themselves that they are looking at. Your earlier comment sheds a little light on what you guys see on the towers but that seems to only show voice connections, no stats were relayed about data streams, bandwidth utilization, or saturation. Are the towers able to see signal interference? Do they measure the RSSI/dBm from the next closest towers and gauge any loss?

Feel free to PM me any info if you don't want it slathered here on the forums, that is fine, I can even keep a hush hush about any proprietary if needed, really just want to know more about how the system itself works so I can help myself to better service or better troubleshooting of my own issues for the engineers (as after a year they have not fixed even the slightest of issues).

Thanks in advance.

And to the OP, go download Open Signal Maps off the app store. It will show you the general location of the towers you connect to, the signal strength etcetc. For instance, since my service is so bad I am currently on roaming, mine shows 46% signal -91dBm, 9asu. If I walk on to the roof here I can get a pretty clear signal, I get about 23% signal, -105 dBM, 2asu.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.