cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data - Olympia, WA 9850x/9851x

Journeyman

Ever since our nasty snow, ice, and wind storm back in January, my data speeds, call clarity, and signal reliability have suffered. Data speeds have been utterly abysmal.

I used to get data speeds just short of 2 Mbps (180 KB/sec downloads). Now? 300 Kbps at best. From what I can tell, all the downed/damaged towers in the area have been repaired, so what gives? From what I've been reading Sprint hasn't done much to gain a ton of customers lately, so increased network congestion sounds like a lame excuse. Mind you this is at off-peak hours, like right now at 2:30am on a weekday. I got complained at by Sprint already for forced exclusive roaming on Verizon's network. It was only a handful of minutes and a few gigs of VZW 3G bliss, big deal...

While I'm ranting I might add that now I have two phones on my plan that incur the $10/month "premium" data scam-fee. I feel like to enjoy "premium" data I should at least be getting the WiMax coverage I was promised "by the end of the year" when I signed up after the EVO 4G was released. Eighteen months later, still no WiMax, but that's fine. Sprint has an extra $200 in their bank account and they're happy with that.

Sprint, fix your SLOW 3G speeds in my area, please! I was planning to stay a customer after my contract is up...even with the lack of 4G in my area for the foreseeable future (Verizon already has LTE here, as does AT&T and T-Mo has, err, 3G+). I'd rather not go through the hassle of changing carriers again. The things that will force me to change back to T-Mo: a.) Continued slow data; b.) Lack of 4G network implementation in my area (150,000+ people in my metro area isn't enough, really?); and c.) Lackluster phone selection.

EDIT: I guess for the tech who might care to help troubleshoot. My current ZIP is 98501 and the nearest two cross-streets are Cleveland Ave. SE and Capitol Blvd. SE. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

I understand its frustrating when you have service problems. I have looked into the area of Cleveland Ave SE & Capitol Blvd SE, Olympia, WA 98501 And was unable to find a known problem. I would like to help and create a ticket for your account, if one has not been created yet. I will private message you to gain the information needed.

PinkElmo

Journeyman

Thank you, PinkElmo. PM received. Reply authored and sent.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.