Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So anyone in Connecticut - Torrington/Harwinton area?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So anyone in Connecticut - Torrington/Harwinton area?

How has data speeds been of late? I have been told Sprint updated one tower and two more or being updated... One Sprint tech said that on july 25th (today) that all Nextel towers would be switched to evdo (which I thought made no sense since network vision was removing towers but...)

before i switch back to Sprint I'd like to know 🙂

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: So anyone in Connecticut - Torrington/Harwinton area?

Reply with an intersection near your location so I can see which sector/tower you would be nearest to. Towers to the north of Torrington have been upgraded with expanded capacity, not the Network Vision upgrades.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

areas near Lovers Lane with goshen road and how about winsted road with college ave.   basically how much of torrington has been upgraded for better data? when I left about 7 months ago speeds were about 100kb on a good day...

thanks 🙂

oh will this area get Vision this year do you think?  I don't need LTE just 800k to 1500k downloads to stream audio and video 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

any updates?  please

Highlighted
Journeyman

Work hasn't started in that market yet, it will in October.

Southern Connecticut

...1st LTE Sites = October 2012; Anticipated Launch = January 2013; Anticipated Completion = August 2013

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks - I have seen that info over at the "better sprint" site 😉

I know one tower on summer street has been boosted with good data speeds but was hoping the other tower(s) in the are would also.... not sure I trust the Network Vision upgrade dates 😉

Highlighted
Journeyman

They seem to be holding true.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are correct, I should been more clear (actually after re-reading my post I messed it up lol)  wanted to say I assume my actual area of the update would most likly be towards the tail end of the process.  Which means a year out almost? 

I can live with the "crappy" service of EVDO if Sprint just upkept its towers and backhaul.  I hope OKIESTRO responds back to his question. 

that all said I think http://s4gru.com is very cool!

Highlighted
Journeyman

johnner1999 wrote:

You are correct, I should been more clear (actually after re-reading my post I messed it up lol)  wanted to say I assume my actual area of the update would most likly be towards the tail end of the process.  Which means a year out almost? 

I can live with the "crappy" service of EVDO if Sprint just upkept its towers and backhaul.  I hope OKIESTRO responds back to his question. 

that all said I think http://s4gru.com is very cool!

Sometimes Sprint just doesn't know their towers are under heavy load for some odd reason. Are all of the towers slow in your area?

S4GRU is a great site, I love the info! It's all very interesting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think we have 5 CDMA towers in my area, one of them has been "fixed" I assume with a new T1 line and that tower seems to be holding in th 800k to 1.3mbps range which is awesome!  but for most of the area it is typically in the 100kb range or less... and on a iPhone (which brings up another topic - did Sprint or Apple finally fix that issue of even slower data on iPhones?  When I left Sprint early this year iPhones were getting about half the data speeds than an Android device in my area and anywhere I went - Sprint said it was a national issue??)

One Sprint emplyee said one more tower would get improved speeds (which is also listed on the network.sprint.com site, this year but said it might be pushed back to next year!?!?  She also didn't see any info on NV in this area said not till late 2013 at best. 

As a referance point I joined Sprint when the 1st EVO was launched and would get about 1.5mbps down in my area like clockwork.... at that time AT&T only had edge here and it sucked!

Highlighted
Journeyman

johnner1999 wrote:

I think we have 5 CDMA towers in my area, one of them has been "fixed" I assume with a new T1 line and that tower seems to be holding in th 800k to 1.3mbps range which is awesome!  but for most of the area it is typically in the 100kb range or less... and on a iPhone (which brings up another topic - did Sprint or Apple finally fix that issue of even slower data on iPhones?  When I left Sprint early this year iPhones were getting about half the data speeds than an Android device in my area and anywhere I went - Sprint said it was a national issue??)

One Sprint emplyee said one more tower would get improved speeds (which is also listed on the network.sprint.com site, this year but said it might be pushed back to next year!?!?  She also didn't see any info on NV in this area said not till late 2013 at best. 

As a referance point I joined Sprint when the 1st EVO was launched and would get about 1.5mbps down in my area like clockwork.... at that time AT&T only had edge here and it sucked!

I don't know if the problem is due to the iPhone or Sprint but it's most likely the iPhone's TCP/IP settings not cooporating with Sprint's network. I think you're just going to have to report all of the towers as having inaddequate backhaul, but not to standard CSRs you'll probably have to call the CTMS ticket line.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.