cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So when exactly is the 4G LTE supposed to go live in Houston since it says July 15??

Journeyman

So when exactly is the 4G LTE supposed to go live in Houston since it says July 15??

Curious to see if the 15TH is still the date or if there are more of the usual sprint setback??

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: So when exactly is the 4G LTE supposed to go live in Houston since it says July 15??

Journeyman

Re: So when exactly is the 4G LTE supposed to go live in Houston since it says July 15??

it's already live

Journeyman

Its not live in NW Houston 249 at Louetta Rd, no matter what the maps say.  I have 4 bars of the same crappy 50kbps 3G service I had yesterday.

Back to Sprint, WHEN do you plan to turn in on to provide the coverage shown in your maps?

Or perhaps this is goning to (NOT) work as well as the 4G wimax did.  Yeah that worked at the park directly under a sprint tower and NOWHERE else.

Availability of LTE service as of July 15th was the basis for a contract renewal and phone upgrade.  If this is not up and running in a couple days, I am tired of paying for unlimited lack of service.  Contract will end and Sprint can stuff the ETF as THEY are yet again breaking promises.

Very disappointed this morning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you really expect Sprint to live up to the hype they caused? Consider yourself lucky you will be getting LTE at all. What's even funnier is that alot of people in these forums believe Sprint will have LTE nationwide. I am curious as to what their and Sprint's definition os nationwide is. If you were to look at Verizon's LTE coverage map, at best that's what can be expected from Sprint, and Verizon's had LTE for awhile. And why is Sprint "pushing" a phone they don't have coverage for yet? Just because it's better doesn't mean you need to push the phone. And before anyone says it, I won't be buying any 4G LTE phone until either my contract with Sprint is up or until Sprint lives up to the hype they created and actually goes Nationwide with 4G LTE. Based on Sprint's track record, that will never happen. I am done with the unlimited no customer service.

Journeyman

Funny it's not working on I10 west houston / hwy 6. It's funny when I bough the OG EVO the day I got it 4G WiMax was up and running in this area. Got up today and no LTE very disapointed. Looks like I will be on my way to Verizon very soon. I don't mind  if it is slower than Verizon and ATT as long as it is better than the WiMax. May have to sell my evo lte to buy out of my contract and go over to another company. That Razr Maxx is nice and they have the Nexus, Galaxy S3, and several other nice phones. I refuse to get stuck with 3G

Journeyman

RatKiller wrote:

Its not live in NW Houston 249 at Louetta Rd, no matter what the maps say.  I have 4 bars of the same crappy 50kbps 3G service I had yesterday.

Back to Sprint, WHEN do you plan to turn in on to provide the coverage shown in your maps?

Or perhaps this is goning to (NOT) work as well as the 4G wimax did.  Yeah that worked at the park directly under a sprint tower and NOWHERE else.

Availability of LTE service as of July 15th was the basis for a contract renewal and phone upgrade.  If this is not up and running in a couple days, I am tired of paying for unlimited lack of service.  Contract will end and Sprint can stuff the ETF as THEY are yet again breaking promises.

Very disappointed this morning.

I been on LTE for awhile now got some pretty good speeds, better than before that's for sure

I even got good speeds on 3G, I'll run some tests & post screenshots....

These screenshots were with just 1 & 2 bars of 4G signal, I get crappy signal in my crib

sometimes for the most part...By the way I live in Pearland 288 & 518 area

2012-07-15 11.58.19.png  2012-07-15 11.58.31.png

Journeyman

ryanjm76 wrote:

Funny it's not working on I10 west houston / hwy 6. It's funny when I bough the OG EVO the day I got it 4G WiMax was up and running in this area. Got up today and no LTE very disapointed. Looks like I will be on my way to Verizon very soon. I don't mind  if it is slower than Verizon and ATT as long as it is better than the WiMax. May have to sell my evo lte to buy out of my contract and go over to another company. That Razr Maxx is nice and they have the Nexus, Galaxy S3, and several other nice phones. I refuse to get stuck with 3G

If u talkin about in the Katy area I never could get 4G out there

If I did it would be certain spots & I would get 1 bar & lose that quick SMH

Journeyman

I always got good coverage here and the spring store area at Fry I always had full bars outside. Only problem I had was it didn't work inside which is ok since I have wifi. The map shows full coverage everywhere. Going for a ride and if I don't pick up 4g off to sprint maybe I got a bad evo they were hanging out in customs maybe it got dropped or just more pathetic sprint coverage.

Journeyman

ryanjm76 wrote:

I always got good coverage here and the spring store area at Fry I always had full bars outside. Only problem I had was it didn't work inside which is ok since I have wifi. The map shows full coverage everywhere. Going for a ride and if I don't pick up 4g off to sprint maybe I got a bad evo they were hanging out in customs maybe it got dropped or just more pathetic sprint coverage.

It is the first day maybe it will take awhile before it reaches everyone LOL

Journeyman

Dude... Your screenshots mean nothing, you're connected to wifi. As far as the Houston launch is concerned, I live off Beltway 8, and I saw LTE on my phone for all of two minutes last night around three in the morning. Still nothing. Very disappointed.

Journeyman

I am in zipcode 77088.  I was told by the Sprint rep that they are having connection issues with the towers and it should be fixed in an hour or so and if not it can take up to 6 weeks to get it working. Pathetic. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.