Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So when exactly is the 4G LTE supposed to go live in Houston since it says July 15??

Journeyman

So when exactly is the 4G LTE supposed to go live in Houston since it says July 15??

Curious to see if the 15TH is still the date or if there are more of the usual sprint setback??

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Their maps probably reflect the projected coverage upon market completion.

Journeyman

Maybe we should all get together in Houston and go protest at the AG's office or at a Sprint store in front of its customers and see what they do.  This lack of 4G LTE are a breech of contract and therefore we should not have to pay for ETF if we want to leave.

Journeyman

What is truly funny is when I called Sprint Tech services to report that I still do not have 4g LTE in zip code 77095 (or anywhere else in Houston) they act surprised, as if I was the only person who reported this.  When I insisted that I have not heard of anyone who actually has 4g, they say that they were 'unaware' of any problem.  I then got put on hold, and then was told they will look into this.  I am not holding my breath.

Journeyman

I second that motion..

Journeyman

Well talked to sprint a couple days ago and they actually admitted the LTE wasn't really up and running except for a few locations. So I said why does the map show I have LTE she puts me on hold and said it will be working at my address in my Zip on Aug 1st. Well it is Aug 2nd now. and no lte here and a few nlocations I found a signal at before that lasted a few min before reverting back to 3g and are only 3g I got no LTE there anymore. So As far as Houston being a launch area that is a joke, I feel bad for the suckers who aren't in a first launch area it will probably be 2020 before they see LTE. Well after xmas off to Verizon I go I like that new data sharing plan and my buddies phone is always on 4g and so is my ATT hotspot I use at work. I really miss the Wimax at least that 4g worked. Not the best coverage but far better that this trash. Not only is sprint admitting their LTE won't be as fast as Verizon or ATT they can't seem to even get it to work. I also call BS on the better call quality and faster 3g. Neither of those have gotten any better either. This is year 3 with Sprint and I don't think I will see year 4.Sad because I like their phones and the plans are ok priced unlimited data with a $10 add on for new smart phones is a joke. I would be lucky if I used more than 1gb a month it is so slow I get mad and piggyback off open wifi, work hotspot, and my home wifi or I would fall asleep before a web page loaded. Thanks for the great service with LTE coverage when promised and the liars who work at customer service acting like each of us is the 1st to call in Houston about no LTE when the map shows a blanket of LTE over the city and if it is a projected coverage lets make 2 colors the tiny spots with LTE and the rest of Houston that someday may get LTE I am not holding my breath. Maybe the IPhone 5 will be nice and I can go to either of the other 2 carriers. I like Verizon's phones they have a selection close to sprint and way better tablets, if sprint even has any.

Journeyman

ryanjm76 wrote:

Well talked to sprint a couple days ago and they actually admitted the LTE wasn't really up and running except for a few locations. So I said why does the map show I have LTE she puts me on hold and said it will be working at my address in my Zip on Aug 1st. Well it is Aug 2nd now. and no lte here and a few nlocations I found a signal at before that lasted a few min before reverting back to 3g and are only 3g I got no LTE there anymore. So As far as Houston being a launch area that is a joke, I feel bad for the suckers who aren't in a first launch area it will probably be 2020 before they see LTE. Well after xmas off to Verizon I go I like that new data sharing plan and my buddies phone is always on 4g and so is my ATT hotspot I use at work. I really miss the Wimax at least that 4g worked. Not the best coverage but far better that this trash. Not only is sprint admitting their LTE won't be as fast as Verizon or ATT they can't seem to even get it to work. I also call BS on the better call quality and faster 3g. Neither of those have gotten any better either. This is year 3 with Sprint and I don't think I will see year 4.Sad because I like their phones and the plans are ok priced unlimited data with a $10 add on for new smart phones is a joke. I would be lucky if I used more than 1gb a month it is so slow I get mad and piggyback off open wifi, work hotspot, and my home wifi or I would fall asleep before a web page loaded. Thanks for the great service with LTE coverage when promised and the liars who work at customer service acting like each of us is the 1st to call in Houston about no LTE when the map shows a blanket of LTE over the city and if it is a projected coverage lets make 2 colors the tiny spots with LTE and the rest of Houston that someday may get LTE I am not holding my breath. Maybe the IPhone 5 will be nice and I can go to either of the other 2 carriers. I like Verizon's phones they have a selection close to sprint and way better tablets, if sprint even has any.

In Houston, Sprint's partner, Ericsson deployed 4G before 3G upgrades and they're just now going back through and completeing 3G. Sprint is upgrading 3,202 towers this month alone and they're aiming for 12,000 towers by the end of december. All 12,000 scheduled towers will have 4G LTE, Enhanced 3G (completely new equipment and back haul) and CDMA 1xAdvanced. If they keep deploying at this rate they will have the entire network complete within 11-12 months.

Where you get 3G now you will get 4G LTE, it's using the same swath of spectrum so coverage will be the same. With the new antennas and radios you will see 20% greater coverage.

Journeyman

All the information exchange is nice.  And its nice to hear that Sprint is starting to admit it was not ready to launch LTE in July.

Problem is, they still sold phones and contracts by representing that LTE coverage would be widespread in Houston on or about July 16th.  They advertise that coverage to this day.  They have not provided the coverage they represented that would be available.

Then there is the FACT that 3G service has gotten so bad since June that its completely unusable.  Heck, even Google Play store times out and will not update unless on wifi.  What are we supposed to be paying Sprint for?  My data usage, purely because of lack of availabilty has dropped to below 100MB for the month.  This has gone TOO FAR.

Folks that want out of contracts based on the false information presented by Sprint are entitled to do so.  Those that wish to stay are entitled to renumeration for the lack of services that were contracted to be provided.

Sprint needs to come clean on the situation and the longer they wait, the worse it is going to get.  There will be class action suits based on this but all that helps is the lawyers filing the suits, not the customers that have gotten the shaft.

Journeyman

All I know is in San Antonio I get a fantastic LTE coverage at my house. Regularly getting 20mbps down and 12mbps up. However, as soon as I walk out of my front yard of leave the house, I go back to 3G. And it stays like that until I get back to my house,

Journeyman

I know get LTE in some parts of my house and work parking lot. Usually goes back to 3G alot. In use the wifi at home usually anyway. Now onto the next complaint. So I now have LTE which is pretty fast when working but my signal sucks and I drop as many calls as a Iphone. So is this the trade off sometimes working LTE for pathetic 2 bar phone service and that is being generous. Hell the phone goes into roming mode in my garage where I used to get 4 bars till the so call Sprint Tower upgrade. The 3g is still the slowest out there, the LTE is good when it catually stays connected and now I have a phone that has trouble serving it's most basic service, CALLING PEOPLE!!!! This has to end or Sprint better start discounting my bill for every call I drop or don't even get just a voicemail indicator and hour later. This is I phone I use for work and if someone can't reach me then they call the next guy and there goes my money. I really can't wait till the 1st so my second line on my family plan will be ready to dump and I can ditch Sprint in once and for all. Wish I never came back the last time I left, just more bs from the store sales people and everyone else about what they have and a unlimited plan that has terrible internet speed and now drops calls. Like I said if it was a I phone that would be my fault for buying another one but lets makes a LTE network that rarely works and drops calls several times a day,

Thanks Sprint.

GrandMaster

probably just means theyre still working on the towers around you..even if they lit up LTE on a couple towers theyre still shutting down a few other ones to work on...same boat as before but with slight improvements until those other towers come on board.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.