cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southeast Michigan Outage? NO SIGNAL?

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the third day now, our coverage is TERRIBLE. Our phones are constantly searching for signals and we frequently have no signal at all. Within the time span of one minute, the signal will go from 3G to SOS. Cannot make or receive calls. We have 5 phones on our plan, for the most part, none of them are functional! What is going on in southeast Michigan? Specifically 48176 and 49265 areas? I have always recommended Sprint and at this point I cannot wait to get out of our contract. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SPRINT IN SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN? (and yes, the bold caps are intentional - I am shouting.............)

110 REPLIES 110
Wizard

Hi,

I read your post and looked into the zip codes you mentioned. I did noticed two tower outages that are likely affecting your service. Are these towers near you? If you can private message me your name, phone number, and nearest cross streets I can gather more information.

--------------------------------------------------------

614 Maple Saline, MI 48175-Estimated time of repair was 11/30. It appears we are over schedule but still actively working to resolve.

(The issue reported at this site is Intermittant service EVDO/3G blocking)

--------------------------------------------------------

Indian Trail Road,Onsted,MI,49265 - Estimated time of repair 12/02/2011 4:33 AM Central time

(The issue reported at this site is cell site completely out of service)

Thank you,

Lindsay

Journeyman

Wow, this has been happening all over southeast Michigan. Fix the towers!!! I also live in Southeast Michigan and the towers here are terrible. This has been going on for months.

Journeyman

Wow, here I thought it was just me.  I specifically started using sprint five years ago becasue of the excellant coverage here.  Up until three days ago.  Right now I'm on roaming at my home in Tipton, Zip 49287.  I'm a realtor and this is a real inconvenience.

Master

I do show a outage that might be effecting you.   Could you please give some cross streets so I can drill down on your area and see if this outage is effecting you

Journeyman

US 12 and Coller Hwy would be the nearest cross streets, or Coller Hwy and Jeffrey Lake Rd.

Journeyman

Going on day 5 of no service in 49287. I don't get charged, right?

Wizard

The details on the ticket (8159630) show that we had to order parts in order to repair the tower - so there was something physically wrong with the tower.  They expect to have the parts in and working on 12/7.  I certainly apologize for the time without service.  And yes, once the issue is resolved, you can request a time without service credit from out care department.

Journeyman

Thank you _D4V1D_. I wish it could happen sooner, of course, but really hope in 4 more days the problem will be solved! Thanks for your help!

Journeyman

We are at US 12 and Breyman Hwy (Evans lake) and its been out two weeks. Its hit and miss when you call sprint, I have had them tell me there is no problem, the problem has been fixed, they will send someone out too look at it and the best of all it must be your phone have it checked out, geeze I'm on the phone talking too you right now and there is no problem cause I'am not in the area I'm calling about. Wish they would just give a straight answer when it will be fixed

Master

I am showing the tower closest to this location is down they are awaiting parts to resolve the issue

Journeyman

Do you have a time frame? Above it was posted that it would be fixed today. Will it be fixed today?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.