Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed (lack of really) in Indianapolis (downtown).

Journeyman

Speed (lack of really) in Indianapolis (downtown).

I recently switched from AT&T to Sprint to get the unlimited data plan and I picked a Galaxy S3, my old iPhone 3GS allowed me to stream movies, TV etc with no issues.

Sitting in the exact same place with my new "4G" phone I can not even get a single show to stream, trying to use Pandora is painful since it cuts in and out multiple times per song and right now I am waiting on it to send a 507kb screen shot and it has been trying for about 10 min to send it.

I was told that 4G was coming in the end of October and when I look at the 4g map it seems that the towers near my office have been "upgraded" but the data part of the phone is unuseable.  I see the 4g icon once in a while but even then I get nearly no speed (see attached screen shots), as you can see even on your "4G" network I get next to no data speed, (same on the 3G)

The zip code is 46204 and I near Virginia and Delawre.

I know I am outside the 14 days I had but if this doesn't resolve soon I will be leaving Sprint and I wil not be williing to pay a termination fee since I feel I was sold something that I can not use.

Please let me know when the service will improve, let me know why even on 3G I can't listen to a simple raido program or stream my own music from google play.

Screenshot_2012-11-07-12-11-28.png

Screenshot_2012-11-07-12-04-18.png

Message was edited by: Sam1Cohen - Added 2nd screen shot

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Speed (lack of really) in Indianapolis (downtown).

Sam1Cohen,

Thanks for the post! I reviewed the area and I'm not seeing 4G LTE as officially launched in your market as of yet. We are working on it and you can find all of the latest information via, www.sprint.com/4g.

Lastly, I did find that we recently upgraded many cell-sites within your area, however we have more work currently underway! Have you recently updated your PRL and Data profile? This can sometimes help alleviate these types of issues with slow data.

Are your data speeds slow everywhere, or just in one location?

I look forward to your response!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the response, I was hoping the work was done since the sprint.com/4g shows the nearby towers have been upgraded but doesn't really give any more inforation than that.  When is all this work scheduled to be completed?

I have updated my PRL and data profile almost daily since I was told that could help, so I am waiting for that to help, this is an ongoing issue and is happening in multiple locations around the city.

Please let me knwo when I can expect the work to be done and if you have some insight on how to read the sprint.com/4g site (so that I can get information from it that will let me know what is going on) I would appreciate that as well.

Sam

Highlighted

Sam,

We don't have a specific time frame as of yet. I assure you that we are working on it. We will be lighting up 4G LTE in your area over the next few months. Now when the initial launch happens, coverage may not be available everywhere as we will still be working on upgrades as your area is VERY densely populated with cell-sites.

If you use the following link, you can pull up information in regards to your area, as it becomes available, http://shop2.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/4g_lte_plan_details.html?INTNAV=LP:iPhone:091412:Tab24...

This is the best source of information we have at this time. We will also post official announcements via our newsroom which is easily accessible at www.sprint.com/newsroom.

I hope this helps!

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

This does not help much, as when I got my phone and saw the slow speeds I was getting right away I called Sprint and in talking to multiple people there was told it was to be done by teh end of October, now you are saying the next few months.

I use data fatures on my phone daily and I was willing to wait out a few weeks for some relief but I do not think MONTHS is acceptable.

Also this only explains when I will get 4g, the 3g service has been around for some time yet it is still unuseable as well, I tried to stream a 30 min show (wih all bars filled up) and after 30 min had only seen 7 minuets. Is that service going to be getting better soon, and if not what is the formal process for requesting a cancelation and return of the phone without paying a termination fee as I will not pay based on the fact that this phone has not been useable since I bought it.

Sam

Highlighted

Sam,

I can help address the 3G issue for you. As for LTE, I do apologize as it sounds like you were given some innacurate information. I'm not saying that you're going to be waiting months and months, but when 4G is lit up, it won't be available to every spot within your area as the network upgrades are not an overnight process. I am going to send you a private message with further information on addressing your 3G issue.

Our most previous news release in regards to 4G LTE is available for viewing via, http://newsroom.sprint.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=19.

Thanks,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, hopefully your 3G fix will at least get me back to where I was in streaming and the 4g will be here soon, I have replied to your PM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree they are really bad, take the poll and show them:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/polls/1345

Highlighted
Journeyman

SuperWilliamD, I sent another PM back to you asking when you will call me as you have told me you will be doing.  Since last week you said you will call you said you do not have a direct line so I can not call you.  You asked me for a good time I have replied daily with the time to call me and I have not seen a call yet or an email back.

Please see my last note today and let me know when you can call to resolve my 3G issues.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.