cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic tower outages in Charlotte, NC after storm on 4/6/11

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sporadic tower outages in Charlotte, NC after storm on 4/6/11

My 4G download speeds have been consistently slower than 3G since 4/6/2011, and even 3G has been spotty.  Download speeds on 4G have been around 0.1 - 0.2 Mbps, and uploads are sporadic, ranging from 0.01 - 1.35 Mbps.  3G downloads are more consistent, around 0.3 - 0.7 Mbps, and uploads are very consistent (and very slow) at 0.03 Mbps almost every time. 

I called a Sprint rep and she said that the recent storm on 4/6/11 caused damage to some of the towers that is impacting 3G and 4G service and they are currently working on repairs.  The estimated time of resolution was Friday, 4/9/11, but as of Monday 4/11/11 the service ticket was still open.

If you are experiencing extremely slow downloads and uploads, or even service outages, make sure to document the days you experience issues.  Once the problems are resolved, call Sprint and ask for a prorated refund of the days where service was poor or absent.

Post here if you are experiencing similar issues.  My outages are in the 28262 and 28205 zip codes.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.