cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Sprint 4G Coverage Growth **

Highlighted
Journeyman

** Sprint 4G Coverage Growth **

Can anyone [on behalf of Sprint] honestly tell anyone when certain cities will get 4G coverage?  Or can you not flat-out say "Sorry, but it looks like it may take a couple years before you get it"?  There's so many threads asking when certain cities will be getting it... just seems like it's not rolling out fast enough.    Are we waiting for Sprint, or Clear to do something?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hello Bud-D,

Although we do not currently have specific dates for future 4G launch cities, you can use the following link to sign up to receive email updates when new 4G Markets are launched: http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/4g/prereg.asp

Hope this helps!

Regards,
CD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is lying about this.  There will be no new WiMax rollouts ever from what I've heard.  Sprint has given up on WiMax and is focusing on LTE.  At this point, Sprint and Clear are only adding "protection sites" so they can say they have coverage in certain areas and the FCC doesn't pull their spectrum licence.  Frankly, it's a blatant abuse of the rules and if they weren't using loopholes, they would be losing their spectrum, because they are not providing the service they are legally required to provide.

Journeyman

Being on said email update list that will let people know when new 4G markets are launched is not really what I was looking for.  SO many people are getting duped into thinking their city will have 4G coverage "soon"; it's just sickening   I've been to cities that have 4G and the speed is amazing!  The sad part is that Sprints 4G rollout is unbelieveably slow.  I think people on these forums have a good idea on why the rollout is slow ( _BFH_ makes some good points ) but personally I think the truth is that only Sprint higher ups know the truth, but won't say anything or give a reasonable rollout schedule because they don't want to hinder the sales of 4G-capable phones.

Think about it.  If you knew 4G wasn't coming to your town for another 2 and a half years, would you even get a 4G-capable phone?  Probably not.  It makes me feel uneasy that I was given bad information from a Sprint rep, at a Sprint store, telling me "we should have 4G coverage here really soon, and you'll want the 4G-capable phone when that happens!".  Can someone at Sprint please let me know what your definition of "really soon" is?  To ME it means, less than a year?  That sounds about right.... but - it's now past that.

YES, sprint has a TRUE 'unlimited data' plan, yes, their prices are comparable, maybe better than other carriers.  BUT some carriers have 4G coverage in areas that Sprint does not.  Whats up with that?

SO - if there are any Sprint reps on here, please don't insult my (our) intelligence with putting my (our) name(s) on a list that will notify me (us) when 4G is active in a certain area - If a list goes out and it contains NOW ACTIVE 4G area's, then there should have been an email sent out some time prior to that stating "we're working on 4G in your area and it should be installed by (insert dates here).  To ME - THAT is customer service.  Just don't fill our minds with false hopes and pacify us with 'we can put you on a list - hope this helps'.  REALLY?  you think your current list helps us??  LOLOL!  Read what you type before sending it, then ask yourself - is this something I would want to hear from a Sprint rep?

Highlighted
Journeyman

...Still waiting, still paying.  This is not fair to most loyal and even new users to Sprint services.  Why is it that I have to pay premium prices for a service that I cannot use locally?  Would it not be safe to say that once the 4G service becomes available in my area then I should obligated to pay?  Holding consumers ransom for services NOT RENDERED is criminal and definitely looking for a lawsuit (contractually speaking).  True I was not obligated to resign after being a customer for 10+ years and changing phones but I was"promised" 4G service would be made available in my area shortly.  Shortly has turned into "no updates but we will let you know".  To be honest I am seriously considering eating my contract and moving my 5 accounts (Wife, myself and kids) to a service that is a bit more honest with me in delivering on their promises and providing me a service that I pay for.

P.S. Until now I have never complained about services from Sprint.  This issue is uncharacteristic of any business model I have seen and as such will force my hand on a plan of action.  Sadly, I am sure this is not the first complaint voiced on this issue.  Sprint should really step up and do something about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree completely. If Sprint excecutives had any plans to expand their 4G coverage then they'd have no problem with publishing those plans. Other carriers, such as Verizon and T-Mobile, have far more 4G coverage than Sprint. In my city, Charleston, SC, Sprint is the only one with no 4G. Charleston is not a small town. This city has been here for 400 years and has always been a major shipping and economic center for this region. Not having 4G coverage here is just crazy. Sprint excecs made a huge mistake on that one. I have no doubt that Sprint has lost a lot of business around here due to thier failure to upgrade their network as everyone else has done.

Because they refuse to say anything, I do not believe Sprint has any plans of expanding WiMax. Which means every current Sprint 4G phone is already completely obsolete. Although I love my Motorola Photon, and Sprint's unlimited data, without 4G and no hope of getting it, I'm having serious doubts about renewing my contract which ends this March. I might have to sell my Photon and get a Droid Razr on Verizon.

I really hope Sprint excecutives wise up and announce a clear plan to expand WiMax coverage, but I know that's not going to happend. I think I'm going to miss my Photon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has been known for months now that there will be no more expansion of WiMax. Instead LTE will be rolled out. Means faster speeds than the Clear Wire WiMax so that is a good thing. Bad thing is that us Photon owners will have to upgrade to take advantage of it.  I have no problem doing that due to the fact that the money I save by staying with Sprint compared to Verizon will pay for it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

JC11999 wrote:

I agree completely. If Sprint excecutives had any plans to expand their 4G coverage then they'd have no problem with publishing those plans. Other carriers, such as Verizon and T-Mobile, have far more 4G coverage than Sprint. In my city, Charleston, SC, Sprint is the only one with no 4G. Charleston is not a small town. This city has been here for 400 years and has always been a major shipping and economic center for this region. Not having 4G coverage here is just crazy. Sprint excecs made a huge mistake on that one. I have no doubt that Sprint has lost a lot of business around here due to thier failure to upgrade their network as everyone else has done.

Because they refuse to say anything, I do not believe Sprint has any plans of expanding WiMax. Which means every current Sprint 4G phone is already completely obsolete. Although I love my Motorola Photon, and Sprint's unlimited data, without 4G and no hope of getting it, I'm having serious doubts about renewing my contract which ends this March. I might have to sell my Photon and get a Droid Razr on Verizon.

I really hope Sprint excecutives wise up and announce a clear plan to expand WiMax coverage, but I know that's not going to happend. I think I'm going to miss my Photon.

check out this thread.  we're talking about exactly what you are mentioning here.  it would be nice to have your input in there as well. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/385123#385123

Highlighted
Journeyman
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.